PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Contacts from Blackberry to Iphone

Jcloud8
Jan 18, 2011, 12:14 AM
**sorry if this has been asked before**

I am a verizon customer and will be making the switch to the iphone. Is there any way for me to transfer my contacts from my blackberry to the iphone? I do have a macbook pro, could i place them in my address book and then sync it with my iphone some how?

AppleNewton
Jan 18, 2011, 12:17 AM
Yep, what i did is enter all my contacts that were in my previous verizon phone and manually put them in address book and have kept them all organized that way since it comes in very useful.

Then when you get your iphone and launch itunes there will be an option to sync contacts so you may sync any you add in address book and on your phone will both be up to date each time you sync.

I've synced them with previous iPods and my iPad the same way mentioned above and i like it alot.

Jcloud8
Jan 18, 2011, 12:30 AM
i figured thats what i would have to do. Is there no way to import them from my blackberry to addressbook on my mac?

AppleNewton
Jan 18, 2011, 01:32 AM
i figured thats what i would have to do. Is there no way to import them from my blackberry to addressbook on my mac?

To be honest, I'm personally not sure.

Im not sure if this article is applicable to you:
http://worldtv.com/blog/guides_tutorials/syncing_the_blackberry_pearl_with_the_mac_address_book.php

Goldinboy17
Jan 18, 2011, 01:54 AM

I am a verizon customer and will be making the switch to the iphone. Is there any way for me to transfer my contacts from my blackberry to the iphone? I do have a macbook pro, could i place them in my address book and then sync it with my iphone some how?

The easiest way would be to just have a Verizon associate transfer them over for you at any store. You would of course need to have both of the phones with you when you ask them to do so. I guess whenever you go pick one up would of course be easiest unless you'd be ordering online. I'm not sure if they can do this at the Genius booth.

Jcloud8
Jan 18, 2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the replies...I just checked the verizon website and apparently the backup assistant will work.

Syndrom
Jan 18, 2011, 03:57 AM
What I did was export my contacts to MS Outlook with BB Desktop Manager, and then import them into your iPhone with iTunes.

Takes about 2 minutes and works like a charm.

caseyjames
Jan 18, 2011, 03:59 AM
Hey thanks for the phone, will try it out on my iphone and see if its works.

njaremka
Jan 18, 2011, 11:14 AM
i too have a macbook pro and a blackberry. all you need to do is grab the latest version of the blackberry desktop software, and sync your blackberry contact list to the mac address book. then, i suppose, all you need to do is connect the iphone to the macbook pro and sync contacts fromt he address book to the iphone. should be a piece of cake!

Rodimus Prime
Jan 18, 2011, 11:38 AM
Well something I did to make all my contacts from my blackberry jump over to my iPod Touch was I just used google sync.

Install google sync on my blackberry and then that syncs with my google account. Every contact I have on my blackberry is copies over to my google account and if I update it either on Google or my blackberry it is updated everywhere.

To get them on my iPod was I used the exchange set up for iPod and all the contacts copies over.

mjaco002
Jan 18, 2011, 11:45 AM

I am a Verizon customer and will be making the switch to the iphone. Is there any way for me to transfer my contacts from my blackberry to the iphone? I do have a mac book pro, could i place them in my address book and then sync it with my iphone some how?

I had to do this when I had a blackberry two years ago and decided to switch to the iPhone...the worst part was that my blackberry's USB port was all screwed and it wouldn't let me charge the phone nor would it let me use the blackberry sync.

What I did was I connected my blackberry to the Macbook Pro using bluetooth and then using my blackberry I transferred all my contacts using bluetooth. It had given me an option for this. All my contacts were transferred into one single vcf file and when I opened the file on my mac it just said if you wanted to transfer all contacts to your address book.

Then when I connected my iphone all my contacts were there and ready to be synced.

Hope this will help you

mavrick1903
Jan 18, 2011, 12:12 PM
I used a combination of a secondary profile in outlook to clean things up. and sent from Blackberry to a yahoo account created for the sole purpose of moving the contacts. so from Bbry to yahoo, cleaned them up in outlook, then passed them onto gmail to get to the phone.

Carl G35c
Jan 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
from the verizon iphone faq:
Content Transfer
If Iím an existing Verizon Wireless customer, how do I transfer my contacts?

In order to transfer contacts, download and run Backup Assistant on your existing phone before receiving your new iPhone. Click here for more details, and for step-by-step instructions on how to transfer your contacts from your existing phone to iPhone. If you already keep your contacts on your Mac or PC, you can use iTunes to sync them to your new iPhone 4. iTunes syncs contacts with applications such as Mac OS X Address Book, Yahoo! Address Book, and Google Contacts on a Mac, or with Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), Windows Contacts (Vista and Windows 7), or Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010 on a PC.iPhone 4 can also sync your contacts over the air using MobileMe or Microsoft Exchange. If your current device cannot sync contacts with any of these options, you may need to re-enter your contacts on your new iPhone 4 manually.

njaremka
Jan 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
seriously, the EASIEST way to sync your contacts to a new iphone will be through your mac. going through the blackberry desktop software, you will also be able to sync any pictures, memo notes, tasks, calendar entrys, etc. to your mac, and then once everything is on the mac it will be CAKE to get them to your ihone.

onepoint
Jan 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
Well something I did to make all my contacts from my blackberry jump over to my iPod Touch was I just used google sync.

Install google sync on my blackberry and then that syncs with my google account. Every contact I have on my blackberry is copies over to my google account and if I update it either on Google or my blackberry it is updated everywhere.

To get them on my iPod was I used the exchange set up for iPod and all the contacts copies over.

This is worked for me as well.

First, I installed Google Sync on my Blackberry, which uploaded my contacts and calendar to my Google account.

When I moved from the Blackberry Curve to a Samsung Captivate, the Sammy pulled down all of my Google contacts and calendar without issue once I entered my Google login/pass on the phone. I then returned the Captivate and switched to the iPhone and it worked without a hitch once again after I set up my Gmail account as a Microsoft Exchange account (instructions here (http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740)).

trsnrtr
Jan 18, 2011, 05:23 PM
seriously, the EASIEST way to sync your contacts to a new iphone will be through your mac. going through the blackberry desktop software, you will also be able to sync any pictures, memo notes, tasks, calendar entrys, etc. to your mac, and then once everything is on the mac it will be CAKE to get them to your ihone.

Yes. I regularly sync my BB through the BB Desktop with my iMac, including calendars and contacts. You can also access your BB as a a device and remove any files that you need such as pics and videos.

Once on the Mac, they are then available to all of your i devices through iTunes.

iMJustAGuy
Jan 18, 2011, 05:42 PM
Gmail.