PDA

View Full Version : Absinthe "The URL cannot be shown"

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 08:47 PM
Hey everyone, I'm trying to JB my new 4S with absinth. I have tried both versions of absinth, 4 and 3, same issue. Here's what happens:

I run the program and wait until it tells me to unlock it and hit the absinth app, which I do and then I get the "Wait for absinthe to complete..." page.
After around 30 seconds, it says "Didn't work? Try this: 1. Tap 'Jailbreak' to open the Settings Application and turn on the VPN named 'Jailbreak'.
I tap the big green glowing "Jailbreak" button below it, and it gives an error popup:
"Cannot Open Absinthe. Absinthe could not be opened. The error was "The URL can't be shown".
It offers "Close" and "Retry". Retry repeats the error over and over again, and Close closes the app.

OK. So I close the app, and go to the Settings myself.

VPN = OFF so I try to swipe it to "on" and it says connecting for a while, then it says "VPN Connection - a configuration error occurred".

Anyone have any ideas? It's really annoying me.

Cheers!

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
Just went into Settings > General > Network and saw Jailbreak in the VPN thing, I still can't get it to work.

boshii
Feb 8, 2012, 09:20 PM
You have to keep trying to turn on the VPN, even after getting errors. The phone will crash and Cydia will be on your springboard.

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 09:27 PM
You have to keep trying to turn on the VPN, even after getting errors. The phone will crash and Cydia will be on your springboard.

I just updated iTunes and was told to get rid of the passcode lock (it didn't tell me to do this the first few times I tried it) then I went to JB it and got to the "Cannot Open Absinthe. Absinthe could not be opened. The error was "The URL can't be shown".

But as soon as I hit the big green jailbreak this time, the phone reset and Cydia was there. I just needed to update iTunes. I dunno why?

Applejuiced
Feb 8, 2012, 09:41 PM
I just updated iTunes and was told to get rid of the passcode lock (it didn't tell me to do this the first few times I tried it) then I went to JB it and got to the "Cannot Open Absinthe. Absinthe could not be opened. The error was "The URL can't be shown".

But as soon as I hit the big green jailbreak this time, the phone reset and Cydia was there. I just needed to update iTunes. I dunno why?

Update itunes so you can get the correct drivers and also get rid of the passcode lock. That's a given.

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 10:57 PM
Update itunes so you can get the correct drivers and also get rid of the passcode lock. That's a given.

What will happen if I try to set a pass code?

Applejuiced
Feb 8, 2012, 11:03 PM
What will happen if I try to set a pass code?

I think the JB will give you probs.
That's what I read so I removed the passcode lock, JB the phone and once done put the passcode back.
Why risk it if they tell you to leave it off.

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
I think the JB will give you probs.
That's what I read so I removed the passcode lock, JB the phone and once done put the passcode back.
Why risk it if they tell you to leave it off.

I did delete the passcode before I JB the phone. Are you saying now it's Jailbroken, I can put the passcode lock back on?

Applejuiced
Feb 8, 2012, 11:16 PM
I did delete the passcode before I JB the phone. Are you saying now it's Jailbroken, I can put the passcode lock back on?

Yes, you're good.
After you're JB and installed cydia you can put it back on.

kawasakirider
Feb 8, 2012, 11:39 PM
Yes, you're good.
After you're JB and installed cydia you can put it back on.

Thanks! I thought this JB wouldn't work with a passcode lock at all. Didn't realise it was just during the installation.

Applejuiced
Feb 8, 2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks! I thought this JB wouldn't work with a passcode lock at all. Didn't realise it was just during the installation.

Welcome bro.