Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
Otterbox defender probably has the best drop protection. I also like the looks of the iSkin Revo4. It looks like it provides nice protection as well. There are also Ballistic Cases which are supposed have nice protection and there is the Case-Mate tough, which is really just a hunk of silicon. The Speck Candyshell is a nice case as well offering sufficient drop protection while still sliding in an out of your pocket. Or, you might like the look of the Speck Toughshell.

Otterbox Defender

iSkin Revo4

Ballistic Cases

Case-Mate Tough

Speck Candyshell

Speck Toughshell

Last edited:

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Defender, Ballistic HC, and the Speck Candyshell seem to be the best for me.

Overall the Candyshell offers the best drop to size ratio. It is pretty small but mine has survived many drops and overall mistreatments.

Also do not expect the Case-mate tough to protect your phone totally. The bottom of the phone has little to no protection. If it hits on that side you are screwed.

Chuchichan

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2010
Maryland
Otterbox defender probably has the best drop protection. I also like the looks of the iSkin Revo4. It looks like it provides nice protection as well. There are also Ballistic Cases which are supposed have nice protection and there is the Case-Mate tough, which is really just a hunk of silicon. The Speck Candyshell is a nice case as well offering sufficient drop protection while still sliding in an out of your pocket. Or, you might like the look of the Speck Toughshell.

Otterbox Defender

iSkin Revo4

Ballistic Cases

Case-Mate Tough

Speck Candyshell

Speck Toughshell

It looks like the Defender has a built in screen protector. Will the defender work if I have a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector already installed on the iphone 4?

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
It looks like the Defender has a built in screen protector. Will the defender work if I have a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector already installed on the iphone 4?

Yes but it may leave permanent impressions on it after you remove the phone from the case.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
OtterBox Defender is the best for the ultimate protection. As for screen protectors, use the generic ones from ebay and it'll fit fine.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
What do you mean?

Inside the defender is hard plastic that has ridges and indentations on the frame itself from the inside. When it is pressed against your screen with the screen shield on, it causes the frame of the defender to dent your screen protector.

abooch1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Ive heard the defender gets dust and particles under the screen cover which can cause scratches to your screen.?

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Ive heard the defender gets dust and particles under the screen cover which can cause scratches to your screen.?
If you're worried about scratches than order a few screen protectors off ebay and slap it on your screen before you use the Defender. I do it and it works fine and my screen is scratch free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.