PDA

View Full Version : iOS 6.1 Beta 2: New Features & Improvements (fixes) Thread

batting1000
Nov 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
New Features:
-New Passbook card to explain the app (9to5mac)

Improvements (fixes):
-Panorama is fixed (9to5mac)
-You can download individual songs from iTunes Match again (9to5mac)

If you notice anything new in 6.1 or improved from iOS 6.0.1/6.0, post here.

jacobss
Nov 12, 2012, 03:10 PM
The song time is now right under the song name.

rafamarrone
Nov 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
I think Siri is learning new languages!

Ask your Siri this: "Siri can you speak [Your language (in my case Portuguese)]?"*

*Only in countries witch doesn't have native language support.

Share with us your results. In Brazil were getting an error. In 6.0.1 we get an negative answer from Siri, but now it seems be different.

iPusch
Nov 12, 2012, 03:31 PM
I dunno, but I like the design of the current player better 😕 I can directly see the length on the right...

brylliant
Nov 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
Check my source for full list of features in iOS 6.1 beta 2 :)

throys
Nov 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
New Features:

Improvements (fixes):

Safari updated

Parise
Nov 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
Safari updated

Updated with what?

PlatinuM195
Nov 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
Anyone know if the assistive touch auto-lock bug is still there? The one where iOS just won't auto-lock if the assistive touch button was the last thing pressed.

SamGabbay
Nov 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Updated with what?

Looks like with the "Reading List" feature.

Sam

Parise
Nov 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Looks like with the "Reading List" feature.

Sam

I couldve absolutely sworn that was there in Beta 1. Meh.

brylliant
Nov 12, 2012, 04:29 PM
There is a new "Listen Live" feature for hearing aid users! Check my source for more information!

GrandPhrase
Nov 12, 2012, 04:38 PM
I couldve absolutely sworn that was there in Beta 1. Meh.

I think that feature was already introduced in iOS 6.0

SamGabbay
Nov 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
I think that feature was already introduced in iOS 6.0

It was, you are correct. But I have not seen this particular icon on my iPhone Safari toolbar in a while.

Am3r1ca16
Nov 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
It was, you are correct. But I have not seen this particular icon on my iPhone Safari toolbar in a while.

yeah that was in iOS 6. that happens after you restored. it's just updating the reading list.

fsck-y dingo
Nov 12, 2012, 04:56 PM
Would someone tell me if Do Not Disturb lets an allowed contact's text messages sound off? As it stands in 6.0.1 a person can call through but their texts are silenced.

heyyoudvd
Nov 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
Does iOS 6.1 fix iTunes Wi-Fi Sync yet?

Ever since iOS 6 was released, wi-fi sync has been completely broken. Apple needs to get on that.

imacken
Nov 12, 2012, 06:14 PM

Ever since iOS 6 was released, wi-fi sync has been completely broken. Apple needs to get on that.
Don't you just love it when people say 'broken' when only they - out of millions -are having a problem? (Slight exaggeration!)

marc11
Nov 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
Don't you just love it when people say 'broken' when only they - out of millions -are having a problem? (Slight exaggeration!)

But if it doesn't work for me (me being the person who has the issues) then then it is broken and that is all that really matters right? If something doesn't work for me, I do not really care if it works for others, I am only worried about my own device; it doesn't help me if yours works now does it?

It is not unsual nor unheard of for Apple products to have issues that only affect certain users under certain conditions; this doesn't make the issue any less important...especially to those having the problem.

imacken
Nov 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
But if it doesn't work for me (me being the person who has the issues) then then it is broken and that is all that really matters right? If something doesn't work for me, I do not really care if it works for others, I am only worried about my own device; it doesn't help me if yours works now does it?
Yes, it may be 'broken' for you, but wi-fi sync is not itself 'broken' which is what you (and others in similar circumstances) imply by your statement.

marc11
Nov 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, it may be 'broken' for you, but wi-fi sync is not itself 'broken' which is what you (and others in similar circumstances) imply by your statement.

Actually for me it works. My point is, just because it works for most people, doesn't mean it is not broken for others. And if it doesn't work universally 100% of the time for 100% of the users, then it is indeed broken aka buggy.

Again, my point is; it is not fair to dismiss someones issue because you feel it is an isolated case; if it doesn't work for them, it is important to them and if it doesn't work it is indeed broken for that user.

A car company sells millions upon millions of cars a year, most have zero issues, but if mine doesn't start in the morning, it is broken, right? Even though the guy across the street with the exact same car beeps at me as he drives down the road, mine is still broken right? And it needs to be fixed right? The guy wouldn't stop and call me a liar and say my car is not broken because his is running fine, would he?

Same thing.

Am3r1ca16
Nov 12, 2012, 06:27 PM
Is anyone else having trouble signing into the app store? i keep getting a pop up saying "Could Not Sign In - An Unknown Error Has Occurred" i signed off and tried to sign back on and i couldn't.

aDRock1154
Nov 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
Is anyone else having trouble signing into the app store? i keep getting a pop up saying "Could Not Sign In - An Unknown Error Has Occurred" i signed off and tried to sign back on and i couldn't.

Nope. In fact I just updated an app...

imacken
Nov 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
Actually for me it works. My point is, just because it works for most people, doesn't mean it is not broken for others. And if it doesn't work universally 100% of the time for 100% of the users, then it is indeed broken aka buggy.

Again, my point is; it is not fair to dismiss someones issue because you feel it is an isolated case; if it doesn't work for them, it is important to them and if it doesn't work it is indeed broken for that user.

A car company sells millions upon millions of cars a year, most have zero issues, but if mine doesn't start in the morning, it is broken, right? Even though the guy across the street with the exact same car beeps at me as he drives down the road, mine is still broken right? And it needs to be fixed right? The guy wouldn't stop and call me a liar and say my car is not broken because his is running fine, would he?

Same thing.
Your missing the point.
And that's another thing I love, the way people use irrelevant car arguments in these cases. (Why is it always cars?)
And, no, it's not the same thing, but I'm out of here now.

heyyoudvd
Nov 12, 2012, 06:36 PM

This is not some isolated incident, though. Do a Google search for the problem and you'll see that it's very widespread. In fact, simply type in "itunes wifi sync ios 6" (you don't even have to enter terms like "broken" or "not working") and see what pops up. Maybe it's working for you, and that's great, but there are countless Apple users out there for whom the feature does not work at all. It's a pretty common bug.

Am3r1ca16
Nov 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
Nope. In fact I just updated an app...

yeah i fixed it. kind of weird.

bbfc
Nov 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Your missing the point.
And that's another thing I love, the way people use irrelevant car arguments in these cases. (Why is it always cars?)

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it always about cars??

marc11
Nov 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Your missing the point.

Okay let's change it from cars to anything you want...name it, lets use televisions, we both buy a new TV, yours works out of the box, mine will not turn on, I call you and you say, nope, mine cannot be broken because yours works....really? Because your TV works, mine MUST work too? It is the same thing, two products made by the same company, used by different people at different times in different places can and often do behave differently.

I am not missing the point you are my friend. My point is simple, just because YOU do not have an issue with a feature, device, item, etc doesn't mean you should be dismissive of other peoples problems. In your world, it my be perfect where everything works, but you forget we do not all live in your world.

My point then is simple, the poster has a problem, to him the feature doesn't work, thus it is broken. You should not dismiss it because you do not have that issue.

There, simple enough?

----------

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it always about cars??

The car is a metaphor, wow, people here really amaze me sometimes. Look beyond Cupertino, there is a whole world out there.

Rogifan
Nov 12, 2012, 06:48 PM
Ha in the twitterverse people are speculating that Jony Ive had something to do with the new passbook welcome screen. I doubt it, but I must admit it looks quite nice. No kitsch anywhere. :)

http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/passbook-578x1024.png

zbarvian
Nov 12, 2012, 06:54 PM
Ha in the twitterverse people are speculating that Jony Ive had something to do with the new passbook welcome screen. I doubt it, but I must admit it looks quite nice. No kitsch anywhere. :)

Image (http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/passbook-578x1024.png)

I don't think that's Ive. It's not like Apple was incapable of making any non-skeumorphism before Ive, and that's not even totally flat.

TonyC28
Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Any chance they fixed the keyboard shortcuts?

aDRock1154
Nov 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
Any chance they fixed the keyboard shortcuts?

They seem to be working for me

jrodsep
Nov 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone know if the assistive touch auto-lock bug is still there? The one where iOS just won't auto-lock if the assistive touch button was the last thing pressed.

I'm interested in this particular question. Anyone know?

gregrose
Nov 12, 2012, 07:43 PM

New kamelot album is great!

metsjetsfan
Nov 12, 2012, 08:31 PM

Should have been fixed in 6.01. But not. Begining to think this is not a bug but maybe how they thought they the functionality should be. I dont think they forsaw many people using it as an alternative to home button wear and tear?

CB1234
Nov 12, 2012, 08:36 PM

The guy across the street WOULD call you a liar, if you made a statement declaring all the exact same cars are broken and buggy because yours and few others don't work.

I think that was the point "imacken" was trying to make...

pilot1226
Nov 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
I am putting it on my phone right now. I hope this fixes the stupid 6.0/6.0.1 WiFi thermal bug which is graying out my WiFi unless I stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes, then it works fine.

soulsteelgray
Nov 12, 2012, 09:07 PM
I am putting it on my phone right now. I hope this fixes the stupid 6.0/6.0.1 WiFi thermal bug which is graying out my WiFi unless I stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes, then it works fine.

Could that be a hardware issue? My friend had that happen to her iPhone pre-iOS 6 and she just swapped it out for a new one at the Apple Store.

HCO
Nov 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
i herd the iPhone has that iPad clock now? does it?

farawaybrothers
Nov 12, 2012, 09:34 PM

I don't think so, we'd be aware of that by now.

Beeplance
Nov 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
If the last beta is something like this again, I'm staying on 6.0.1 forever.

Sylon
Nov 12, 2012, 10:43 PM

Nope, same old clock.

tarsins
Nov 13, 2012, 02:36 AM
Would someone tell me if Do Not Disturb lets an allowed contact's text messages sound off? As it stands in 6.0.1 a person can call through but their texts are silenced.

This.

Otherwise DND is useless for me.

Beeplance
Nov 13, 2012, 04:16 AM

Wow there's a carrier called CHIPPIE? Lol, one of the more interesting carrier names I've seen so far. I know there's a carrier in Poland called PLAY.

aDRock1154
Nov 13, 2012, 07:29 AM
Well; if anything, i'm glad better iTunes Match functionality has returned.. I'm guessing we're gonna see a lot of bug fixes and not much else.

I guess if this update is a lot of "under the hood" fixes, then i'm okay with that.. I wouldn't mind seeing some UI changes along the way though (Mountain Lion dock :cool:).

jacobss
Nov 13, 2012, 07:29 AM
New kamelot album is great!
Yeah, Tommy is awesome!

Wow there's a carrier called CHIPPIE? Lol, one of the more interesting carrier names I've seen so far. I know there's a carrier in Poland called PLAY.
I hope you're not pronouncing it as 'chip pie', my country isn't english speaking, so it sounds more like 'chip pea' :D

brylliant
Nov 13, 2012, 08:52 AM

It's working for me. Perhaps you should check your settings.

Menel
Nov 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Tommy is awesome!

I hope you're not pronouncing it as 'chip pie', my country isn't english speaking, so it sounds more like 'chip pea' :D

Nope, as 'chippy'.

ncsmith4
Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM

Add me to the list of people for whom iOS 6 broke Wi-Fi sync. It only works after the phone and iTunes have been shut off and restarted. And even then, it only works once until both of those are restarted again. Hopefully helps, but if 6.0.1 didn't... I'm doubtful this will. :(

WeegieMac
Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Wow there's a carrier called CHIPPIE?

Sausage Supper and a pickle please pal. Cheers.

:D

Vundu
Nov 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sausage Supper and a pickle please pal. Cheers.

:D

What no battered mars bar?

gmanist1000
Nov 13, 2012, 02:58 PM

Image (http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/passbook-578x1024.png)

It looks much better than the one they're using now.

WeegieMac
Nov 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
What no battered mars bar?

Another much over used stereotype my friend.

Originated in a small chippy in Stonehaven and has never seen the light of day in the cities of Scotland. I have never seen one, seen one for sale, or heard of anyone who's seen or tried one.

Yet EVERYONE in England thinks we live on the things and eat them often!

Jalopybox
Nov 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
Can someone confirm that a custom ringtone sounds worse than if the same file is used as a text tone or other alert? This was an issue in IOS 5 and only fixed in it's last revision yet has not gone back to being broke. Sounds as if the sound is muffled and dumbed down. Thanks.

fat jez
Nov 13, 2012, 05:10 PM

Originated in a small chippy in Stonehaven and has never seen the light of day in the cities of Scotland. I have never seen one, seen one for sale, or heard of anyone who's seen or tried one.

Likewise, I have never seen one in 22 years of living in Scotland. If people wanted them, the chippies would sell them, clearly there is no demand.

karter16
Nov 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
Likewise, I have never seen one in 22 years of living in Scotland. If people wanted them, the chippies would sell them, clearly there is no demand.

Deep-Fried Moro bars are popular with teenagers where I am in New Zealand :-) you can get them at pretty much any fish n chip shop...

Saladinos
Nov 13, 2012, 06:24 PM

I saw them in an Aberdeen chippy, but couldn't put my vascular system through that kind of torture.

chrscap
Nov 13, 2012, 06:46 PM
I heard it can get you coffee on the official 6.1, its in the reminders app. You have to buy the spark,.

brylliant
Nov 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
It looks much better than the one they're using now.

If it was Jony Ive's idea, it really gives us an idea on what we can expect from iOS in the future :)

pilot1226
Nov 14, 2012, 10:24 AM
Could that be a hardware issue? My friend had that happen to her iPhone pre-iOS 6 and she just swapped it out for a new one at the Apple Store.

No, I don't believe this is a hardware issue because it works for around 45 minutes after I do a Reset Network Settings every time. The Wifi part itself is working, I believe it's a problem in the firmware/driver of the Wifi which started presenting in iOS 6/6.0.1.

ethan028
Nov 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
My battery has been so great it's hard to believe! 6.1 beta 2 is amazing.

spasticapple
Nov 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
iTunes Match progress bar is now orange instead of blue.

Nathan20
Nov 14, 2012, 12:22 PM
My battery has been so great it's hard to believe! 6.1 beta 2 is amazing.

Can you please elaborate?

ThaDoggg
Nov 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
Can you please elaborate?

+1 let's hear some more about this. So far battery life on the iPhone 5 has been dismal.

Nathan20
Nov 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
+1 let's hear some more about this. So far battery life on the iPhone 5 has been dismal.

What sort of usage are you getting? I have been getting great battery life on my iPhone 5.

Vundu
Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 PM

My mates Dad has a chippy in Scotland. Said mars bars and also battered pizza is popular.

Never heard of the pizza one before.

Dannyseed
Nov 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
I've been getting great battery life on my ip4. This beta 2 is mint!

jredecop
Nov 14, 2012, 01:07 PM

Same here. Killing my iPad 3 very quickly. I didn't restore as new. Could that be the problem?

Dannyseed
Nov 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
Same here. Killing my iPad 3 very quickly. I didn't restore as new. Could that be the problem?

Yeah maybe. I did a clean install. It's been incredible. Got to work this morning at 53% at 9am. It's now 2:10pm and I'm at 41% with normal usage. Stoked!

swordfish5736
Nov 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
My 5 seems to be doing better as well. Currently at 6hr standby and 2hrs of use with battery at 80%. This is with wifi and lte on. Some music, web browsing and messaging.

Note: I did a clean install of 6.0 after I got the phone

NedBookPro
Nov 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Check my source for full list of features in iOS 6.1 beta 2 :)

I noticed that:
KNOWN ISSUES WITH iOS 6.1:
"Exchange doesn’t seem to be fixed properly"

Why can't apple get this right??? A lot of people (me included) are using iphone for work purposes.

Also, are they ever going to address the swoosh sound before SMTP negotiation bug???

Maybe you could find out for us.

WeegieMac
Nov 14, 2012, 01:46 PM
iTunes Match progress bar is now orange instead of blue.

It's been orange since 6.0.

----------

My mates Dad has a chippy in Scotland. Said mars bars and also battered pizza is popular.

Never heard of the pizza one before.

Battered pizza is common, known as a Pizza Crunch.

I have never seen a chippy in Glasgow offer or sell a deep fried Mars Bar.

Although I did hear a rumour that a chippy down south offered deep fried Maltesers!

Elefantito
Nov 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone with the AES Wifi issue (packet loss when on WPA2 AES Cypher networks) tried 6.1 beta 2 to see if its fixed?

6.0.1 didn't do much for me...

ThaDoggg
Nov 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
What sort of usage are you getting? I have been getting great battery life on my iPhone 5.

I am getting about 4 hours of usage time with no wifi on, just LTE and 3G. Push email, facebook, texting...I don't play games.

brylliant
Nov 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
I noticed that:
KNOWN ISSUES WITH iOS 6.1:
"Exchange doesn’t seem to be fixed properly"

Why can't apple get this right??? A lot of people (me included) are using iphone for work purposes.

Also, are they ever going to address the swoosh sound before SMTP negotiation bug???

Maybe you could find out for us.

How could I find out?

chrismarle
Nov 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
Never mind. It looks like it was a bug.

Googlei
Nov 14, 2012, 06:44 PM
If i were to restore to ios 6.0.1, and then shift update to ios 6.1, would I be able to restore from an icloud backup on iOS 6.0.1. Thanks.

Jalopybox
Nov 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
Can someone confirm that a custom ringtone sounds worse than if the same file is used as a text tone or other alert? This was an issue in IOS 5 and only fixed in it's last revision yet has not gone back to being broke. Sounds as if the sound is muffled and dumbed down. Thanks.

Anyone?

spasticapple
Nov 15, 2012, 01:07 AM
It's been orange since 6.0.
That's weird. As many times as I have seen the progress bar for iTM (from manually deleting my iTM's cache via iFunbox to reset everything for it) it's always been blue on my end on the iPhone 5 until recently.

NedBookPro
Nov 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
How could I find out?

Wasn't sure if you were a developer or had interaction with apple in some way.

Apple just seem to ignore any questions I, my friends, or my colleagues have on the issue.

If you or someone is a developer, you could ask why the swoosh sound appears before the negotiation with the smtp server is completed. Normal behavior in any mail client is that the sound happens AFTER negotiation with the server.

After all, we already KNOW that we pressed the send button. The sound should serve to indicate it was successful.

dave8209
Nov 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
If i were to restore to ios 6.0.1, and then shift update to ios 6.1, would I be able to restore from an icloud backup on iOS 6.0.1. Thanks.

yes

Sylon
Nov 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
I just noticed that when you have the numbers/special characters keyboard visible, pressing the spacebar no longer causes it to switch to the normal letters keyboard on the iPad. Kind of annoying because I got used to it switching.

adm.hpe
Nov 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
Do you need to be a developer to betas? How do I get a developer account?

GIZBUG
Nov 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

Technically yes, but most on here are not developers and find the beta's on google.

You pay if you want to be a developer.....price is $99/year https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/

Tyler23
Nov 16, 2012, 11:09 AM

Yes, you do. Google developer.apple.com, and register as an iOS developer. The fee is $99/year.

Defender2010
Nov 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
Any 6.1 beta users here feel that text and images looks better on ipad Mini than on 6.0.1? I swear it looks better....could be a placebo efffect, but I think something has improved....

ggp759
Nov 17, 2012, 03:49 AM
Can i restore my iphone 5 and go from 6.1 beta 2 to 6.0.1 from itunes? thanks

aDRock1154
Nov 17, 2012, 04:25 AM
Can i restore my iphone 5 and go from 6.1 beta 2 to 6.0.1 from itunes? thanks

I would think a DFU restore would take care of this, but I may be wrong..

OrinocoDelta
Nov 18, 2012, 02:52 AM
hi - can anybody tell me how or where to find out when a iOS beta expires? i searched the developer forum and the beta release notes, but didn't find anything ;-(

panart
Nov 18, 2012, 03:08 AM
hi - can anybody tell me how or where to find out when a iOS beta expires? i searched the developer forum and the beta release notes, but didn't find anything ;-(

Follow @iH8sn0w on twitter, he posts the expiry dates of betas.

"Today’s iOS 6.1 beta (10B5095f) released to developers expires on Friday November 30, 2012 @ 8PM (EST)."

"Today’s iOS 6.1 beta 2 (10B105c) released to developers expires on Friday December 28, 2012 @ 12AM (GMT)."

TC03
Nov 18, 2012, 06:55 AM
Can someone tell me if you can delete songs with iTunes Match again?

Vundu
Nov 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
Think this is new. Not sure if it has been mentioned.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/vundu1/null-1.png

Stealthily track your iPhone.

Sylon
Nov 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
I just got a notice on my screen saying there was an OTA update for iOS 6.1b2, yet I already have it. It appeared on my iPad screen with buttons saying "OK" and "Details". I'll give it a try once my iPad is fully charged.

ginc2000
Nov 18, 2012, 09:10 PM
Can anyone confirm this. After upgrading to ios 6.1 beta 2, I don't see any way to make a FaceTime call from my iPhone 4S. Earlier there used to be a FaceTime button under contacts. Don't see any such button or dedicated FaceTime icon.

Can anyone suggest solution?

swordfish5736
Nov 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
Can anyone confirm this. After upgrading to ios 6.1 beta 2, I don't see any way to make a FaceTime call from my iPhone 4S. Earlier there used to be a FaceTime button under contacts. Don't see any such button or dedicated FaceTime icon.

go to settings -> FaceTime and make sure you are signed in and it is active. If you are not the facetime option will not show up anywhere. Apparently there was an outage earlier today so perhaps you got signed out and it hasnt signed back in yet.

OriginalClone
Nov 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
Think this is new. Not sure if it has been mentioned.

Image (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/vundu1/null-1.png)

Stealthily track your iPhone.

That's not new.

ginc2000
Nov 18, 2012, 10:00 PM
go to settings -> FaceTime and make sure you are signed in and it is active. If you are not the facetime option will not show up anywhere. Apparently there was an outage earlier today so perhaps you got signed out and it hasnt signed back in yet.

Hi,

I am sure it was working until 6.1B1. Now it doesn't. Facetime is active under settings. Not sure what's wrong.

http://www.graphix.co.in/TestFiles/IMG_0532.png

Vundu
Nov 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
That's not new.

Ah ok cheers. Had never come across it before.

Stuke00
Nov 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I am sure it was working until 6.1B1. Now it doesn't. Facetime is active under settings. Not sure what's wrong.

Image (http://www.graphix.co.in/TestFiles/IMG_0532.png)

I don't see a way for facetime to contact that person. No email address or phone number?

Tyler23
Nov 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
I don't see a way for facetime to contact that person. No email address or phone number?

Was going to say the same thing. For Facetime, the contact needs to have either a phone number or an email address, and neither are listed there under the contact.

brylliant
Nov 19, 2012, 12:35 PM
Was going to say the same thing. For Facetime, the contact needs to have either a phone number or an email address, and neither are listed there under the contact.

"Home" email is listed.

Tyler23
Nov 19, 2012, 12:41 PM
"Home" email is listed.

Indeed it is. Well, maybe that contact has not associated that e-mail address with an Apple account, therefore it doesn't recognize it as facetime-capable?

brylliant
Nov 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
Indeed it is. Well, maybe that contact has not associated that e-mail address with an Apple account, therefore it doesn't recognize it as facetime-capable?

I don't think so, since he said that he was able to see FaceTime before.

OMG I am so forgetful.

iMessage and FaceTime, as of yesterday, are down.

The servers aren't working properly so thats why there is no FaceTime available for that contact. It's not finding FaceTime information for him, because the server itself is down! When the server is running again, you'll see the FaceTime button.
Thats the reason!!

swordfish5736
Nov 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Image (http://www.graphix.co.in/TestFiles/IMG_0532.png)

Have you tried turning FaceTime off then back on? Do you have a FaceTime option when on a call?

swordfish5736
Nov 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
I don't think so, since he said that he was able to see FaceTime before.

OMG I am so forgetful.

iMessage and FaceTime, as of yesterday, are down.

The servers aren't working properly so thats why there is no FaceTime available for that contact. It's not finding FaceTime information for him, because the server itself is down! When the server is running again, you'll see the FaceTime button.
Thats the reason!!

FaceTime doesn't check with the servers until you try to make a call. If FaceTime is on,all contacts will show a FaceTime button.

I made a fake contact to check as well as looked at a few contacts that don't own a FaceTime capable device

thedeejay
Nov 19, 2012, 05:53 PM
To anyone who was experiencing lag in iOS 6 or 6.0.1, has 6.1 fixed that issue?

throys
Nov 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
Undoubtedly one of the best betas released. No bugs seen on a daily use, probably due to no major changes in the iOS. Battery life incredible on my iPhone 5.

Damolee
Nov 20, 2012, 05:01 AM
Undoubtedly one of the best betas released. No bugs seen on a daily use, probably due to no major changes in the iOS. Battery life incredible on my iPhone 5.

Has yours always been that good? Or only since this beta?

Reason I ask, most usage i've seen on this thing is 6hrs when I first got it. (That was wifi all day)

Yesterday I only managed 4 hrs 45 mins but I had a poor low 2G signal pretty much all day at work.

throys
Nov 20, 2012, 09:07 AM

Reason I ask, most usage i've seen on this thing is 6hrs when I first got it. (That was wifi all day)

Yesterday I only managed 4 hrs 45 mins but I had a poor low 2G signal pretty much all day at work.

It's always been good for me maybe a bit better on the 6.1 my friend has also has similar results

Sylon
Nov 20, 2012, 06:40 PM
I seem to be having issues getting my local weather to show up in the iOS weather app on my iPhone. It gives me the weather for my preset locations, but the local area one (which would be the first panel to appear), shows blank. Anyone else having this issue?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/Sylon03/02C5B907-D042-4AC8-9FAB-43B7576740AD-115-00000000F5D6DEA8.jpg

Contrary to what it says at the bottom, its not updating. It just hangs there.

Squilly
Nov 20, 2012, 06:42 PM
I seem to be having issues getting my local weather to show up in the iOS weather app on my iPhone. It gives me the weather for my preset locations, but the local area one (which would be the first panel to appear), shows blank. Anyone else having this issue?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/Sylon03/02C5B907-D042-4AC8-9FAB-43B7576740AD-115-00000000F5D6DEA8.jpg

I'm having that issue too.

chalia
Nov 21, 2012, 01:13 PM
Anyone experiencing any issues with the notification centre ?

I have turned off notifications on some apps, but I still get notifications pushed :S

I tried power cycling the phone and no help :(

Ive had this issue on ios 6.0 and 6.0.1 and now on 6.1 beta 2 (iphone 5)

Any suggestions ? Am I the only one affected ?

Vundu
Nov 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm having that issue too.

I had this issue this morning but now seems to be resolved.

Sylon
Nov 21, 2012, 01:29 PM
I had this issue this morning but now seems to be resolved.

Yeah, mine is back as well. Well at least it works, but its wasn't like we didn't have alternatives.

Dwalls90
Nov 21, 2012, 02:33 PM

This happens to me on 6.0.1.

chekz0414
Nov 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
It seems it affected everyone, The weather is fixed now, I dunno if it was an error on Apple's part or what...but my iPod touch 5th gen is acting normal again lol on 6.1b2

sflomenb
Nov 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
Any idea when this update is going to come out?

scorpius21
Nov 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Anyone noticed the animated weather widget on the notification center? It's pretty cool.

JS82712
Nov 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
Anyone noticed the animated weather widget on the notification center? It's pretty cool.

Obvious troll is obvious..

scorpius21
Nov 22, 2012, 11:27 AM
Obvious troll is obvious..
I'm not trolling you nitwit.

I figured out the widget still has still images most time but today when it was cloudy the widget was animated. Next time I'll video record it for you none believers.

Edit: I'm 100% sure because I just saw it again. I think maybe by beta 4-5 it'll be fully animated. That is if there are so many betas.

NT1440
Nov 22, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ah ok cheers. Had never come across it before.

It's great! I forgot my phone after a day of errands everywhere. Signed into iCloud.com and saw on the map that it had been at home all day, and my iPad was at my friends house!:p

aDRock1154
Nov 22, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not trolling you nitwit.

I figured out the widget still has still images most time but today when it was cloudy the widget was animated. Next time I'll video record it for you none believers.

Edit: I'm 100% sure because I just saw it again. I think maybe by beta 4-5 it'll be fully animated. That is if there are so many betas.

I'm sure it's animated.. /sarcasm

viperGTS
Nov 22, 2012, 01:45 PM

That is really good battery life. Can you describe the 9 hours of usage, if you don't mind? :o

PurrBall
Nov 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
When setting an Alarm with an iPod song selected as the tone, when not connected to Wi-Fi, does anyone else get a Cellular download warning even though it's synced from iTunes?

scorpius21
Nov 23, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm sure it's animated.. /sarcasm

Man... I hate how people first have to see to believe. Anyone that actually did check out the widget instead of blatantly calling new users liars?

8a22a
Nov 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
Not at all excited about this update so far. :(

gto55
Nov 23, 2012, 05:16 AM
Does 6.1 beta 2 fix this bug, when you move an icon around ?

FSA8w8XmkVQ

jrodsep
Nov 23, 2012, 05:19 AM
Does 6.1 beta 2 fix this bug, when you move an icon around ?

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=FSA8w8XmkVQ?hd=1)

Link not working

gto55
Nov 23, 2012, 06:22 AM
Link not working
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FSA8w8XmkVQ

aDRock1154
Nov 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
Man... I hate how people first have to see to believe. Anyone that actually did check out the widget instead of blatantly calling new users liars?

It's not even worthy of an argument, as it's just not true.. Move along.

JS82712
Nov 23, 2012, 06:44 AM

Really? I pull down NC at least 50 times a day with the weather widget on, and I don't see any animations. The guy who claimed he did must be smoking something really strong. :rolleyes:

1member1
Nov 23, 2012, 09:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FSA8w8XmkVQ

there is any way to tell apple about it ? i couldn't find in their website.
i'm really enjoying ios 6 didnt even crash me once until i tried this bug.

Ibtechsavvy
Nov 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hey guys.

I'm considering getting my UDID registered on one of those sites.

Is there any safety concerns I should have with this? Is the UDID something I shouldn't give out?

Is the hypothetical release of 6.1 soon? I'm hoping to enjoy the better battery many seem to be getting on 6.1b2

Thanks in advance

thedeejay
Nov 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hey guys.

I'm considering getting my UDID registered on one of those sites.

Is there any safety concerns I should have with this? Is the UDID something I shouldn't give out?

Is the hypothetical release of 6.1 soon? I'm hoping to enjoy the better battery many seem to be getting on 6.1b2

Thanks in advance

I did that with iOS 5, and even though I only paid $5 I realized that its not really worth having a buggy beta. I mean sure it's cool to have the OS before but it has a **** load of bugs. This may not be the case in this specific event but you know what I mean. BUT you may be able to justify yourself to get it. Happens to me all the time ;)

scorpius21
Nov 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
Really? I pull down NC at least 50 times a day with the weather widget on, and I don't see any animations. The guy who claimed he did must be smoking something really strong. :rolleyes:

You guys so funny :) Why would I even lie about it.

aDRock1154
Nov 23, 2012, 07:54 PM

Sad attention..

JS82712
Nov 23, 2012, 08:04 PM

You know what else is funny? the fact that you can't prove it. :rolleyes:

scorpius21
Nov 24, 2012, 03:20 AM
You know what else is funny? the fact that you can't prove it. :rolleyes:
I don't need to prove anything. Call me a liar & thank me later.

aDRock1154
Nov 24, 2012, 04:49 AM

I'll start with just calling you a liar.

JS82712
Nov 24, 2012, 08:37 AM

still waiting on that screenshot you were gonna post. keep talking kid, you will be reported and ignored. :rolleyes:

gto55
Nov 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
http://images.forum-auto.com/images/perso/7/carlioush059.gif

chrismarle
Nov 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
I just noticed something new:

When you have the weather widget in the Notification Center, the weather is active when you're in the Notification Center. I just noticed a few minutes ago that the clouds were moving like if there was wind.

Also, the same animation is present in the weather app.

JS82712
Nov 24, 2012, 11:46 PM

When you have the weather widget in the Notification Center, the weather is active when you're in the Notification Center. I just noticed a few minutes ago that the clouds were moving like if there was wind.

lol really? again?
Show us a video then we'll believe you.
I stared at NC for 5 minutes and nothing happened, I must be blind then? :rolleyes:

Tyler23
Nov 24, 2012, 11:54 PM

Really? Another poster mentioned this but I just can't buy it..

chrismarle
Nov 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
lol really? again?
Show us a video then we'll believe you.
I stared at NC for 5 minutes and nothing happened, I must be blind then? :rolleyes:

Really? Another poster mentioned this but I just can't buy it..

Guys, HONESTLY, why would I be lying about that?

It happend while it was a very cloudy weather and clouds were really moving. How ever, not all weather have animations, maybe it's a new version of the widget that Apple is currently developing and they released a part of it on the beta 2.

I didn't had a chance to get my iPad to record it but next time, I'll try to record it and post it here.

JS82712
Nov 25, 2012, 01:19 AM

It happend while it was a very cloudy weather and clouds were really moving. How ever, not all weather have animations, maybe it's a new version of the widget that Apple is currently developing and they released a part of it on the beta 2.

I didn't had a chance to get my iPad to record it but next time, I'll try to record it and post it here.

I see; be sure to keep us posted

scorpius21
Nov 25, 2012, 01:25 AM

Exactly.

bedifferent
Nov 25, 2012, 11:53 AM

Turn off location services for Passbook. If on, Passbook app's such as Starbucks will continually use GPS to search for the nearest location. Eats battery like it's its job.

drummerdude1390
Nov 25, 2012, 12:59 PM
Turn off location services for Passbook. If on, Passbook app's such as Starbucks will continually use GPS to search for the nearest location. Eats battery like it's its job.

nope, not true. It doesn't use GPS, it uses Wifi + cellular data location.

BatonMedved
Nov 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Can anyone check if new?

batting1000
Nov 25, 2012, 05:21 PM

Image (http://images.forum-auto.com/images/perso/7/carlioush059.gif)

you can report bugs to Apple here:

https://bugreport.apple.com/

BRyken
Nov 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Single songs from iTunes Match will be nice.

Am3r1ca16
Nov 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
Beta 3 tomorrow or no?

Pank9j
Nov 26, 2012, 01:29 AM
So we can expect Beta 3 today :D:D

Grayburn
Nov 26, 2012, 04:54 AM

It's not new as i've had it on my 4S and also on my 5 yesterday. I think the animation portrays mist or fog.

It's the ONLY animated item i've seen in Weather.

Will try and get multiple screenshots of it next time it happens which might be soon as the weather in London right now is pretty ****.

Zmanbaseball2
Nov 26, 2012, 04:57 AM
Can anyone check if new?

Yes this is new.379700

mattburley7
Nov 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
So we can expect Beta 3 today :D:D

doubt it, apple just got back from vacation.. at the earliest, end of the week.

Am3r1ca16
Nov 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
oh yeah i forgot about the thanksgiving break. so yeah probably next monday then.

Ayemerica
Nov 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'd say Wednesday for beta 3

Vundu
Nov 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'd say Wednesday for beta 3

Along with the new iTunes.

Ayemerica
Nov 26, 2012, 12:42 PM
Along with the new iTunes.

I completely forgot about iTunes 11, with match and podcast app I rarely use it.

bedifferent
Nov 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
nope, not true. It doesn't use GPS, it uses Wifi + cellular data location.

Ok then it uses WiFi + Cellular Data, either way, it's using your battery more.

In reality: It it does use location services, Starbucks uses GPS. If you have a Starbucks Passbook card, any time you pass a Starbucks your iPhone will alert you. GPS location services pinpoint your location to alert you when you are near a Starbucks location.

Yes, WiFi and Cellular for triangulating is/was used at first, but not as much as GPS. They tried WiFi + Cellular, but due to lacking accuracy as it depends on two factors being constant, GPS is being pushed. This is one of the reasons Apple revamped their Maps app, integration with Passbook location services. Apple has better control with their own Map.app.

1member1
Nov 26, 2012, 02:29 PM
you can report bugs to Apple here:

https://bugreport.apple.com/

An error has occurred. Please report the error to Apple Inc. by emailing the error detail to devbugs@apple.com.

:(

Damolee
Nov 27, 2012, 07:31 AM
Yes this is new.379700

It's not new.

It does this on 6.01 lol

Push home to bring up the lock screen, then double tap home again. Brings the volume up.

Tyler23
Nov 27, 2012, 07:34 AM
It's not new.

It does this on 6.01 lol

Push home to bring up the lock screen, then double tap home again. Brings the volume up.

He's referring to the post that he quoted. In that post, the user posted a screenshot of the new lock-screen music controls. The user you quoted was posting a picture of the old lock-screen music controls to show the person HE quoted that yes, the new look was indeed new. :)

hellsat
Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
I see that answers to a group message now are appearing in the group message thread, and no longer as a message under the answering persons name. I like.

cmChimera
Nov 27, 2012, 09:26 AM
I see that answers to a group message now are appearing in the group message thread, and no longer as a message under the answering persons name. I like.

Even if group messages is off?

sdlevi27
Nov 27, 2012, 09:38 AM

Screen shot? I thought this is how it works in 6.0?

Pank9j
Nov 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
doubt it, apple just got back from vacation.. at the earliest, end of the week.

- True ;)

mattburley7
Nov 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
apparently apple is accepting iOS app updates that support iOS 6.1?

http://www.ipadsystem.fr/news/une-application-compatible-avec-lios-6-1-sur-lapp-store/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dwalls90
Nov 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
apparently apple is accepting iOS app updates that support iOS 6.1?

http://www.ipadsystem.fr/news/une-application-compatible-avec-lios-6-1-sur-lapp-store/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That's interesting!

Maybe iTunes 11 will drop with 10.8.3 and 6.1 before Friday? (Seeing as that is the last day of November, and Apple likes to drop software on the same day or close to each other at least)

Damolee
Nov 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
He's referring to the post that he quoted. In that post, the user posted a screenshot of the new lock-screen music controls. The user you quoted was posting a picture of the old lock-screen music controls to show the person HE quoted that yes, the new look was indeed new. :)

Oh right! lol tee hee!:D

GIZBUG
Nov 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
Almost time for a new beta?

nomik2
Nov 27, 2012, 07:43 PM
Can anyone show how the lock screen controls look if the podcasts app is running? Preferably one that has album art, even better if its TWiT!

Attached current controls.

aDRock1154
Nov 27, 2012, 08:05 PM
Can anyone show how the lock screen controls look if the podcasts app is running? Preferably one that has album art, even better if its TWiT!

Attached current controls.

Here ya go!

jonnyb098
Nov 28, 2012, 10:28 AM
I love how everyone is going ga ga over new lock screen controls which was obviously and "oops" mistake after changing the music app in iOS 6. Seriously this has been the clumsiest iOS release to date.

Can anyone confirm if some real problems have been fixed with music like home sharing actually working consistently? Or how about that nice static Bluetooth music streaming from the music app......?

jordancrombie92
Nov 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
it's a shame that the slide to unlock and the camera button are still stuck in the past. they look so out of place when the new music controls are on show

JS82712
Nov 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
I love how everyone is going ga ga over new lock screen controls which was obviously and "oops" mistake after changing the music app in iOS 6. Seriously this has been the clumsiest iOS release to date.

Can anyone confirm if some real problems have been fixed with music like home sharing actually working consistently? Or how about that nice static Bluetooth music streaming from the music app......?

it's not a surprise seeing as how people here went crazy over the new passbook welcome screen :rolleyes:
meanwhile other mobile OSes are leaping iOS in terms of features...etc

Sylon
Nov 28, 2012, 01:10 PM
it's a shame that the slide to unlock and the camera button are still stuck in the past. they look so out of place when the new music controls are on show

What would you rather it be like? I'm not trying to defend it, I'm curious what your ideas are on it. These things can always get better.

jordancrombie92
Nov 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
What would you rather it be like? I'm not trying to defend it, I'm curious what your ideas are on it. These things can always get better.

more like the design of the new controls and less like the aqua look from previous versions of iOS. something a bit more rugged maybe?

Virinprew
Nov 29, 2012, 03:58 AM
Technically yes, but most on here are not developers and find the beta's on google.

You pay if you want to be a developer.....price is $99/year https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/

No. You pay if you want to sell app.

Defender2010
Nov 29, 2012, 02:47 PM
It would be nice in 6.1 (at least intorducing it in beta 3) if the music app was like itunes 11 is, with the sliding open of an album when pressed instead of it spinning around like it currently does...all in the name of uniformity of course! Where are you beta 3????

aDRock1154
Nov 29, 2012, 04:44 PM
It would be nice in 6.1 (at least intorducing it in beta 3) if the music app was like itunes 11 is, with the sliding open of an album when pressed instead of it spinning around like it currently does...all in the name of uniformity of course! Where are you beta 3????

I wouldn't mind some flare for sure.. I would also like the "up next" music queuing.. That would be a nice addition.

Sylon
Nov 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't mind some flare for sure.. I would also like the "up next" music queuing.. That would be a nice addition.

I'll add a +1 to that. I hate sitting there waiting for the current song to end so I can start the next one I want to hear. Boggle my mind why no one at Apple thought of this sooner.

We probably won't see it for a couple updates though. I'm shooting for iOS 9 maybe? haha

aDRock1154
Nov 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
I'll add a +1 to that. I hate sitting there waiting for the current song to end so I can start the next one I want to hear. Boggle my mind why no one at Apple thought of this sooner.

We probably won't see it for a couple updates though. I'm shooting for iOS 9 maybe? haha

Haha, that makes sense.. It needs to get here sooner than later though; at least for the sake of consistency with OSX/iOS. I just wonder if some people would really want that feature on a phone.. I know I would!

Sylon
Nov 29, 2012, 08:01 PM
Haha, that makes sense.. It needs to get here sooner than later though; at least for the sake of consistency with OSX/iOS. I just wonder if some people would really want that feature on a phone.. I know I would!

I think it could be one of those things Apple could implement quietly, that way those people who would use it can, and those who don't wouldn't care that its there. It doesn't need to be a big highlight.

AndyMc
Nov 30, 2012, 03:11 AM
Jonathan Ive is new designer and we should expect something else as we have never seen before. Unfortunately we will not see some crucial changes in iOS 6.1 but iOS 7 can bring another way of thinking about Apple iOS. Do you agree?

austin72398
Dec 1, 2012, 05:26 AM
Okay for the ones bitching about the weather widget animating... It DOES animate. But only when it's very foggy or cloudy. It doesn't animate ALL the time, just when it's very cloudy. Look at @Surenix photos on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/Surenix (not me) he confirms it. It's been around since iOS 6.0. So yes it does animate.

matttye
Dec 1, 2012, 06:37 AM

Is it ironic that the chippy up the road from me (in England), that's now closed, used to sell battered mars bars? :D So nice!!

Saw a battered cream egg on the menu at a seaside chippy once, but didn't try it.

Ibtechsavvy
Dec 1, 2012, 05:47 PM
I did that with iOS 5, and even though I only paid $5 I realized that its not really worth having a buggy beta. I mean sure it's cool to have the OS before but it has a **** load of bugs. This may not be the case in this specific event but you know what I mean. BUT you may be able to justify yourself to get it. Happens to me all the time ;)

I wasn't asking if it was worth it, i was asking if it was safe. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Beeplance
Dec 1, 2012, 05:57 PM
Isn't it like 2 weeks past beta 2? Was kinda hoping Apple released beta 3 yesterday or something, but guess it didn't happen. Given the longer time period, hope there's something substantial coming our way...

Vundu
Dec 2, 2012, 09:07 AM
This keeps happening to me on Beta 2.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/vundu1/null-2.png

Beeplance
Dec 2, 2012, 09:15 AM
This keeps happening to me on Beta 2.

Image (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/vundu1/null-2.png)

Have you tried a restore from iTunes? It usually works to help solve problems.

Vundu
Dec 2, 2012, 09:47 AM
Have you tried a restore from iTunes? It usually works to help solve problems.

Cheers will give it a go.

kthnxshwn
Dec 2, 2012, 09:55 AM
I think it's great that this thread is filled with people saying they're having problems... with a beta.

Vundu
Dec 2, 2012, 10:07 AM
I think it's great that this thread is filled with people saying they're having problems... with a beta.

Whats wrong with that? We know its beta, only sharing bugs and issues.

blackburn
Dec 2, 2012, 11:07 AM
Let's see if the music player app gets changed to this in the next beta.

britboyj
Dec 2, 2012, 11:25 AM
No. You pay if you want to sell app.

No, you pay if you want to put any app in the App store. You could develop in Xcode and side-load onto your own devices for free all day, but if you want to submit to the App store, you pay $99.

Virinprew
Dec 2, 2012, 10:28 PM
No, you pay if you want to put any app in the App store. You could develop in Xcode and side-load onto your own devices for free all day, but if you want to submit to the App store, you pay $99.

That is the same thing. Sell app and put app in store. But whatever.

Matthew Yohe
Dec 2, 2012, 10:31 PM

Not without hackery.

aDRock1154
Dec 3, 2012, 08:44 AM
It'd sure be a good start to the week with a new beta released today..

Just sayin'... :cool:

Beeplance
Dec 3, 2012, 08:47 AM
It'd sure be a good start to the week with a new beta released today..

Just sayin'... :cool:

Man, wish that would happen too, but highly doubt so. Saturday was exactly 2 weeks after beta 2 and nothing was released. So if there was a next beta, it should be next Sat. Apple mostly adheres to the 2-3 week interval, not random days for release of betas.

Am3r1ca16
Dec 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
Man, wish that would happen too, but highly doubt so. Saturday was exactly 2 weeks after beta 2 and nothing was released. So if there was a next beta, it should be next Sat. Apple mostly adheres to the 2-3 week interval, not random days for release of betas.

what? Beta 2 was released nov 12. today would be exactly 3 weeks. so it would make sense if today they release beta 3.

aDRock1154
Dec 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
what? Beta 2 was released nov 12. today would be exactly 3 weeks. so it would make sense if today they release beta 3.

I thought it was the 12th, but I couldn't remember.. *fingers crossed*

ahmet
Dec 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
Beta 3 is now released and 80,5mb for iPhone 4S.

Am3r1ca16
Dec 3, 2012, 12:01 PM
Beta 3 is now released and 80,5mb for iPhone 4S.

Downloading and installing :D

thedeejay
Dec 3, 2012, 12:14 PM
I wasn't asking if it was worth it, i was asking if it was safe. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Yeah dude it's safe. Use a known website. For extra precaution use a prepaid Visa. I used my normal day to day use Visa and it was safe.

Snowwyoyo
Dec 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
New Features:

Improvements (fixes):

Finally! iTunes Match will be useable again!

britboyj
Dec 3, 2012, 01:47 PM
That is the same thing. Sell app and put app in store. But whatever.

Things that are free are not sold, sir. You still have to pay $99 if you want it in the App store, even if it's free. (Or if you want official access to betas)

WeegieMac
Dec 3, 2012, 02:39 PM
Is it ironic that the chippy up the road from me (in England), that's now closed, used to sell battered mars bars? :D So nice!!

Saw a battered cream egg on the menu at a seaside chippy once, but didn't try it.

A battered CREME EGG!?! Urgh man, that's just wrong! lol

Ibtechsavvy
Dec 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah dude it's safe. Use a known website. For extra precaution use a prepaid Visa. I used my normal day to day use Visa and it was safe.

Thanks for the answer, I wasn't concerned about the safety in terms of paying them, I was wondering what info the UDID could give them, since I would be under their "developer devices" wouldn't they be able to see what apps I use and possibly my info attached to those apps. I think there is only 100 devices per account so I think it would manageable to "monitor" them if this were the case.

Virinprew
Dec 3, 2012, 11:33 PM
Things that are free are not sold, sir. You still have to pay $99 if you want it in the App store, even if it's free. (Or if you want official access to betas)

OK OK. You win.

arikanami
Jan 29, 2013, 12:24 PM

the bug is gone now, press assistive anytime and the screen will sleep and lock, tried already many times after update.

nice work apple