Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleveralexm63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I need someone's advice. I have owned an iPod touch 2g (8GB) for 2 years now. My first one was replaced under warranty by Apple through the store I bought it from, after the speaker stopped working properly in July 2009. The replacement has worked faultlessly, until about 2 weeks ago, when the backlight suddenly stopped working.

The iPod is in very good condition, and the screen still works and is usable under a strong light.

I took it to the Apple store in Newcastle (UK) today, and they told me it was unrepairable and all they could offer was a new iPod of the same type for £75, or 10% off any other iPod I choose.

I was planning to sell my iPod in order to gain funds to buy the upgraded iPod touch released next month, but obviously I wouldn't get anything like the cash I was hoping for.

I would like someone's advice on what I should do. I am currently planning to stick the current iPod on eBay, hopefully for around £40 I would have thought, but I'm not sure if this is the best option for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alex

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.