Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
When I copy and paste the 40 character iPhone 4 ID obtained using Xcode organizer into the box an click "continue" it is not accepted. Any ideas anyone?

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
Thanks! faith restored! No there is no error message just the "continue" button does not respond and the 40 digit code is underlined in red. I guess this red dotted line maybe picked up as a spelling error (I am new to MAC and just getting familiar with it) or it does not like the ID. Not sure which.

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
Yes I put the phone name in as"Neils iPhone". No apostrophe as the " ' " was not accepted. A thought (hopefully wrong) that I have is if the phone has to be unbranded to be used. Mine is on Orange. Maybe branded phones are blocked. Any idea?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Branding makes no difference: the all run the same firmware. I suspect you have tried the obvious: you have no leading and trailing spaces on the ID? Other than that what browser are you running?

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
Thanks for good news on branding. I bought my first iMac last Sunday (hence the lack of knowledge so far) it is running Mac OS X V 10.6.4 and is an iMac 11,2. Browser is V 5.0.1. No leading or trailing spaces, I re-typed it several times in case of any keyboard problems. I also cut and pasted the ID code a few times.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Thanks for your help. Do you have a link for developer support. I had a glance and could only see the pay one.

I assume you have paid your $99 to join the paid-up program. Otherwise you don't see the portal (I don't think, it's been a couple of years!).

The form for contacting support is here.

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
Yes I paid to join. I am working to Sam's Teach Yourself iPhone Application Development which recommends doing this at the start. I have a lot to learn but hopefully will get the hang of it.
Many thanks again for your help.

neilrcooper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Hadleigh, ESSEX. UK
Solved

The tutorial that I am using gave an example name of "Johns iPhone" which format I copied. I have now discovered that you cannot use the space character. I put in "Neils_iPhone" and it worked. Strange though as the book has screen shots of all the stages which must have worked at the time.
Thanks again for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.