PDA

View Full Version : ATV, Mac Mini and HDCP questions

seajay96
Aug 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
Ok, I am living temporarily in Europe, my apartment is already furnished, and the TV only accepts DVI, VGA, composite video and SCART inputs.

I already have an AppleTV that I can't seem to connect to the TV in any way to avoid the HDCP error. Right now, I get a good picture for everything but movies via an HDMI/DVI convertor. I've tried component to VGA and component to SCART convertors to get passed the HDCP issue, and I can with VGA, but it has an overwhelming green tint.

First question: Any ideas on a convertor that will work to overcome the HDCP? A sync-on-green adaptor?

Second question: I've already been considering upgrading to a Mac-Mini anyway; if I do this, will I have the same issues with HDCP?

Thanks...

seajay96
Aug 25, 2010, 01:03 PM
Bump

roidy
Aug 25, 2010, 01:23 PM
Can't help with your first question, but for your second question, It would seem the mini also needs a HDCP complient signal path to view copy protected content:-

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11876977

If you've already got an AppleTV then instead of spending $800 on a mini why not spend half as much on a new TV with HDMI sockets.