Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Anyone who has this case notice that the left side near the volume buttons is a bit loose?

I'm just wondering if everyone's is like that or if I'm going to have to get a replacement from Speck.

lansa

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Same here, but mine basically just comes apart towards the bottom of the phone. Dropped the phone today, case came apart and phone went flying on the concrete.....this case is worthless. How would I get a replacement? I received it from Apple free case program.

girlthursday

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
When mine arrived i was so excited, but putting it on was a disappointment. It was loose near the volume buttons as well. I wonder if it's because of the power support film I had just put on there. Since I'm unwilling to peel off the film, I guess I wouldnt know....

I wish I chose the bumper as my free case. =(

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
Ya I'm starting to think the Bumper would have been the safe bet. I do like the case and all but the loose fitment around the volume buttons is really annoying. Maybe with more use I'll just learn to ignore it.

I'm surprised your case even fit on with a screen protector. I heard it only fits properly on a naked iphone.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Mine is fine however it is a little loose towards the bottom of the phone (around the speaker area).

If you are looking to get a replacement, contact Speck customer support and let them know what the issue is. They'll ask for some pics as well as the invoice you got from Apple for the case. Even if you got the case from the Apple free case program, you can still get a replacement (if you qualify) directly from Speck. They're pretty cool over there so contact them and see if they'll be willing to send out a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.