PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Will Not Turn on/White Screen

Ecty
Aug 25, 2010, 04:01 AM
It happened randomly, and without any warning. I was listing to my iPod Touch in the car (1st Gen), and I wanted to change the song, so I went to do that. Then the whole screen turned white, kinda like when you take a screen cap with the sleep button, and the home button pushed at once.

I tried resetting it by holding the two together for five seconds, and then the whole screen changed from normal, to white. But the music was still playing, then I tried again, and the screen came back. But then the touch motion wouldn't work! It was really annoying.

So, I held the sleep, and home button for about 20 seconds, and then it finally turned off. Now it won't come back on by the normal power button, or plugging it into the wall, or a computer. :confused:

Please help! I use this iPod for everything, and it is no longer under warranty since I got it when the Touch first came out. Anything thing helps! Thanks! :cool:

thebleeptruth
Aug 28, 2010, 05:09 AM
I actually had a sort of similar experience with my 1st Gen iPod Touch a couple of months ago. In my case though, the screen kept staying on the Apple screen. Anyway here's a handy article How to Fix Common Issues for the iPod Touch (http://factoidz.com/how-to-fix-common-issues-for-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch/). Try following the instructions for Issue #1. Hope it fixes your iPod Touch.

technomuffin
Sep 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
Usually if you have backed it up you can plug it in to your computer and under iPod Info there is a way to Restore your iPod, which basically wipes it, reinstalls the OS, and then puts your iTunes content on it. :apple: