Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watercrawl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I was on vacation in the Chicago area and came across a kiosk for Ghost Armor. At the time, I had a Zagg InvisibleShield on my ip4. I liked it for the most part, but when I came across the Ghost Armor kiosk I fell in love with the look and feel of their screen protector. I had them swap out the screen protector's and got a refund from Zagg under the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy. I was a happy camper.

Fast forward to a week ago...precisely 22 days after I purchased the Ghost Armor and well within their "30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed" and certainly well within their Lifetime Warranty period.

Anyhow, the Ghost Armor started to develop arcing lines that you could plainly see with the phone screen off or with a dark screen. The lines are less noticeable when the screen is bright...but they are still noticeable. We're talking 12 lines each about 1" long and several smaller one's covering the majority of the screen.

None to pleased, I called Ghost Armor and was told I had two options:

1. Pay about $6.00 to get it replaced and then ship the other one back to them....let's call it $7.00 in shipping.

2. Send it back to them and they would mail me a check.

I paid $5.00 to have it "Professionally" installed at the kiosk. Now I'm going to pay another $7.00 dollars in shipping fees to have it replaced and I have to put it on myself.

I know it's not hard to replace it...it's the principle that I paid to have it installed and now it's jacked. I just feel a pissed that I have to pay $7.00 to replace a faulty product that if it wasn't faulty would be a great, great screen protector for me. It really sours my taste for Ghost Armor.

This is in stark contrast to Zagg who has phenomenal customer service. They will replace a faulty product for you at the drop of a hat and not ask you to cover the shipping fee's.

My recommendation, avoid Ghost Armor unless you live close enough to a kiosk to make an issue a personal meeting.

cvd

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Zagg requires a $4 shipping fee to replace their products.

And wet install screen protectors are horrible--just buy a SGP or PowerSupport

watercrawl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Zagg requires a $4 shipping fee to replace their products.

And wet install screen protectors are horrible--just buy a SGP or PowerSupport

I beg to differ, but I've had no such $4 shipping fee's charged by Zagg for replacing faulty products and I've had 3 such products replaced.

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
bad luck ghost armor is an amazing product, much better than zagg´s shield, i bought originally the zagg shield and hate it, the texture is awful, i then saw my best friend who had bought the ghost armor, it took me 30 second to peel of the zagg and go get a ghost armor

Swifttrain87

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Bad luck. I've had it the whole life of my 3GS and now my iPhone 4. The only screen protector that is truly smuge and fingerprint resistant. It doesn't build up like other protectors, getting harder to clean over time. That kiosk is probably just bad. The person who puts it on is also a huge factor, just because they work there doesn't make them professional.

Go to best buy. If they mess up during application, or if there's any defects within 30 days they'll replace it for free. After the 30 days it's $5 to replace the front, $10 to replace the whole thing for the rest of your life.

watercrawl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Well, it appears it wasn't bad luck....just a really crappy product. I paid, to my heart's disdain, $6.11 to have a replacement product sent to me and then $.44 to send the old one back only to have the new one do the same ***** thing that the first one did with the arcing lines across most of the screen.

Their customer service is non-existent and worthless even when existent.

Avoid Ghost Armor like the plaque.

p.s. In case Ghost Armor happens to see this....."For the love of gawd people, get a $2.00 USPS First Class mail in an envelope shipping option".

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Geez sorry about that. My deal was good haven't had any problems with ghost armour I enjoy the service & the product definitely. Went to a kiosk at the south hill mall in puyallup wa.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
I have the ghost armor on my iPad screen and full body on my iP4 and love it. I have the matte finish on the sides and back and it looks great! The only two gripes I have are that I stuck my phone in my back pocket and the back stuck to a vinyl part of my wallet and it lifted off but that was my fault. The other is that my daughter was using the targus stylus on my iPad and I now have visible lines in the screen protector. She wasn't pushing hard because she is very careful (has a DSi with zero scratches) so I am a little bummed but will take it to the local kiosk and get both fixed.

s0ccer60d04

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2009
Truthfully i think your pretty stupid watercrawl:

My reasoning behind this "dead on" statement.

1. "arcing lines across most of the screen" - sound like to me like you just plain out cant install the product onto your phone causing this problem. Don't come on here b*tching because you suck installing the product. I've had my 3G done at a mall in Mesa AZ, only had it replaced once due to the fact that when i got out of the car i still had the phone on my lap, and as i got out, i kicked it straight across the driveway. SAVED MY PHONE BIG TIME!! Never had any arcing lines though.. on either one of the protectors over the past year... :/ sounds fishy to me personally!!

2. "For the love of gawd people, get a $2.00 USPS First Class mail in an envelope shipping option" - shipping it with the post office, i don't know about you, but i have had multiple things lost via post office AND they don't even tell me anything until they consider it lost which is 30 days. No Thank You!!

$2.00 USPS First Class mail in an envelope shipping option": An envelope are you kidding me.. which means that by the time you get your order if will be destroyed. AGAIN No Thank You!! Have you seen some of the boxes that go through the post office and what they look like when they are finally delivered. What do you think will happen to an envelope.. :? Send it in an envelope and I'm sure more people will be on here complaining that their order got messed up with the post office. As a business man - Not a smart business option!!

First time i ordered my protector for my 3G from Ghost Armor they shipped it to me using USPS (post office) and it took forever.. now i see on their site they are using FedEx "FedEx Shipping" - i just got my new iPhone 4 and Def will be ordering the kit!!

Grimes

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
I've had no problems with Ghost Armor. I had it on my 3G and now on my 4. When I had it put on my 4, there was a tiny (but annoying) bubble on the top left of the screen... took it back and they replaced it no questions asked.

I recently went and got the matte finish applied on it (had the glossy when iPhone 4 first came out cause that's all they had), the guy at the kiosk was nice and hooked me up with it for free cause he noticed a scratch on the back with the original glossy screen.

Thumbs up from my experience.

OnTheZone

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
I've had invisible shield, bodygaurdz, sgp, and ghost armor. I personally think the product is too expensive and not worth it. I had nothing but problems with it turning yellow but my girls didn't run yellow. Also they didnt know how to install it without it being cloud a week later, so they were getting pissed at me. I ended up ripping it off and putting on my bodygaurdz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.