Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Hey,

I was wondering what separate speakers are out there that can connect to a MacBook?

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Most if not all of them. I've used powered and non-powered ones connected to the audio out port (headphone jack) and I've used USB powered/connected ones.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Yeah, most use the headphone/audio out jack, or USB. The MacBook has both of these, so it should take most if not all speakers.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
On a related note: My wife was at a conference and someone that was presenting (it's a small conference) whipped out a 'speaker bar' that plugged in and literally rocked the place. She was impressed with how much sound came out of this little bar. She asked the presenter and the name she got didn't ring any bells and she wasn't able to write it down. It sounds like it was powered and was about a foot or so long. I've been looking, in vain, ever sense...

I've covered the locally available ones and no dice... Anyone with any ideas?

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
On a related note: My wife was at a conference and someone that was presenting (it's a small conference) whipped out a 'speaker bar' that plugged in and literally rocked the place. She was impressed with how much sound came out of this little bar. She asked the presenter and the name she got didn't ring any bells and she wasn't able to write it down. It sounds like it was powered and was about a foot or so long. I've been looking, in vain, ever sense...

I've covered the locally available ones and no dice... Anyone with any ideas?

Maybe one of these:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.