PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch - volume slider moves around

amagzz
Aug 25, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone,

The problem I'm having has been going on for about 2 weeks now. What happens is my iPod touch will pause and the volume slider will move around, sporadically up and down. It seems to only do this though when I have the iPod connected to a jack of some sort, whether it be headphones or the tape recorded iPod extension I have for my car.

Also, it will do this back and forth. It'll pause, move around, I'll hit play, and then it does it all again 5 seconds later.

Randomly, it'll stop doing this and I'll be able to listen to my iPod normally EXCEPT the sound will play out of the headphones and the iPod speakers.

So far, I've tried shutting/powering it down multiples times with no success. I've done a restore and readding my apps and music fearing that it was something wrong with a backup. I heard that it could be an app I have or maybe a bad song, but none of the music I added has been different. The only new app I've added is Peggle and All-In Pedometer. Could it be those; are there past problems with these apps?

Oh and one more thing. I moved the music app, the video app, the photo app, and the iTunes app off of the main dock, I guess you can call it, and replaced it with Twitter, Facebook and the Blizzard Authenticator (for WoW and Starcraft II).

Please help?!

alust2013
Aug 25, 2010, 10:08 PM
Any chance you got it just a little bit wet? I got a drop of water in my phone and it did something very similar.

amagzz
Aug 25, 2010, 10:12 PM
I mean there's probably that chance with everything. Hahaha

Is there anything I can do if that's the case besides returning it, which isn't possible in my case since this is a new iPod after returning my first touch because the home button broke and the warranty on that one is up now?

Pretty screwy situation. =/

alust2013
Aug 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
I'd take a hair dryer to it for 15-20 minutes or so. Use a medium setting and try to dry anywhere that water could have gotten, especially the dock connector.

amagzz
Aug 25, 2010, 10:18 PM
Where else could the water have gotten?

I'll try that. Thank you.

Did it work for your iPod (edit: iPhone)?

alust2013
Aug 25, 2010, 10:23 PM
Where else could the water have gotten?

I'll try that. Thank you.

Did it work for your iPod (edit: iPhone)?

It can sneak into cracks like the one around the hold button and volume buttons, etc. I didn't have a hair dryer handy for my phone, so I set it on a portable fan for a while and that worked. The hair dryer should work better with the heat and more focused airflow, especially on an iPod.

amagzz
Aug 25, 2010, 10:26 PM
That's reassuring, that there might be a fix, I mean.

Thanks. =]

wywern209
Aug 25, 2010, 11:24 PM
better yet, place it in a ziplock baggie full of uncooked rice. the rice will draw out AN moisture in the ipod.

amagzz
Aug 26, 2010, 11:53 AM
better yet, place it in a ziplock baggie full of uncooked rice. the rice will draw out AN moisture in the ipod.

I just did some more searching and found that out. Thanks!

GregR
Aug 26, 2010, 12:01 PM
I did some more searching and found that out. Thanks!

justTell us your results and which ones work and which ones didn't work. I'm sure the community will benefit from your results.

To wyvern; how long should it be in a bag? And you meant any, right?