Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheetal.pawar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Hi,

I need to search a word in a PDF file. Currently I am getting only the page on which the word exists. But the exact location of the word is not known and hence cannot highlight the word.
Are there any PDF parsers available for MAC which can give the position of the word to be searched ?
Or any PDF parsers which will convert PDF file text in XML format on MAC ?

GorillaPaws

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Did you check the PDF Kit docs?

Also, typically MAC refers to Media Access Control (as in MAC Address); Mac is the computer. It may seem pedantic, but using the proper spellings can greatly reduce confusion in some cases.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Also, typically MAC refers to Media Access Control (as in MAC Address); Mac is the computer. It may seem pedantic, but using the proper spellings can greatly reduce confusion in some cases.

All the letters in PC are capitalized, so some might think it should be the same for Macs. As though it were some sort of Macronym.

sheetal.pawar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. I meant Mac OS.

At times the PDF text is encoded in some format. Will this search decode the text also ?
In the PDF kit doc nothing is mentioned on the decoding part.

sheetal.pawar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010

ytk

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
All the letters in PC are capitalized, so some might think it should be the same for Macs. As though it were some sort of Macronym.

What do you mean? Everybody knows MAC stands for "Mouse Activated Computer". ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.