Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I've had this case for a few days and am absolutely in love with it. thought to post some photos:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8607.JPG
    IMG_8607.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,524

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Just got this case today! It's awesome and my favorite case. I have 10 others ;)
Pros: Low profile, slim case. See through design. No problems fitting with my PS crystal on the front. Slightly raised lip so lay on the table design. No flash issues.

Cons : top and bottom are not completely covered but think I'll try Lucky Labs spectra wrap. Anyone know if they'll fit?

Wish they had it in different colors with see through design! Will be using this for awhile, at least for a week ;) I'm one of those who changes their case often!

hanguk9117

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
is this a finger print magnet? the clear one attracts a lot of finger prints, wondering if its the same for the smoke.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Got mine free today. I have been using the iP4 without a case and really like it so. But at time I was hoping that the sides are a bit rounder.

The Snap case rounds things out a bit on the bottom, but the transition between the top lips of the case and the phone is quite distracting. It's like a soft Tupperware container. The volume buttons are harder to reach; I have to use my thumb nail.

So I am not crazy about this case. I can't imagine putting such a nicely designed phone in it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so your mileage may vary.

Aaron1021

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Texas
I also ordered the smoke case as my freebie. Although, I wish I could find a case like this in a clear matte finish. I was going to order the clear case from incase, but i'm positive that case wont look as good when there are fingerprints and scratches on it. I figure if it's a clear matte, it won't attract fingerprints and scratches are harder to see. If anyone has seen a case like this, please let me know.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I also ordered the smoke case as my freebie. Although, I wish I could find a case like this in a clear matte finish. I was going to order the clear case from incase, but i'm positive that case wont look as good when there are fingerprints and scratches on it. I figure if it's a clear matte, it won't attract fingerprints and scratches are harder to see. If anyone has seen a case like this, please let me know.

Try Agent 18 clearshield

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
is this a finger print magnet? the clear one attracts a lot of finger prints, wondering if its the same for the smoke.

Nope, doesn't attract finger prints or even grease. It's made of different material from the clear one. =) It looks like a thin silicon case but is not. It's in between soft and hard, rubber and plastic, and with a matte finish... lol... Def. isn't cheap looking. My friends and I all think that this case makes the phone look just as attractive without a case, if not more attractive. ;)

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Got mine free today. I have been using the iP4 without a case and really like it so. But at time I was hoping that the sides are a bit rounder.

The Snap case rounds things out a bit on the bottom, but the transition between the top lips of the case and the phone is quite distracting. It's like a soft Tupperware container. The volume buttons are harder to reach; I have to use my thumb nail.

So I am not crazy about this case. I can't imagine putting such a nicely designed phone in it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so your mileage may vary.

In regard to the volume buttons, I actually felt the same when I just put the case on , but later realized it didn't totally fit because I had back and side shields on. I took them off and the case then fit perfectly, and the volume buttons are very nicely aligned. no problem to press at all.

See? From the front, I see this case as two very thin side protectors with curved corners in stead of a big round piece that misses the top and bottom lids. lol... It's so thin and transparent that it goes well with the style of the phone. but you're right, it's all about personal opinion. ;)

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
In regard to the volume buttons, I actually felt the same when I just put the case on , but later realized it didn't totally fit because I had back and side shields on. I took them off and the case then fit perfectly, and the volume buttons are very nicely aligned. no problem to press at all.

See? From the front, I see this case as two very thin side protectors with curved corners in stead of a big round piece that misses the top and bottom lids. lol... It's so thin and transparent that it goes well with the style of the phone. but you're right, it's all about personal opinion. ;)

Yes, I too noticed that the fit is pretty precise. I don't use any shield, and I can get it fit perfectly on the phone. The cut out line up perfectly with the volume buttons. But the case, while minimal, is thick enough to recess the volume buttons, and the cut out is so narrow (there is no room to make it wider) that my thumb won't fit in there, and that I have to push hard to get enough of my flesh in there to put enough pressure on the volume buttons to make it work.

That said, I think this is one of the best minimal case out there that I have seen.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Just got this case today! It's awesome and my favorite case. I have 10 others ;)
Pros: Low profile, slim case. See through design. No problems fitting with my PS crystal on the front. Slightly raised lip so lay on the table design. No flash issues.

Cons : top and bottom are not completely covered but think I'll try Lucky Labs spectra wrap. Anyone know if they'll fit?

Wish they had it in different colors with see through design! Will be using this for awhile, at least for a week ;) I'm one of those who changes their case often!

I was using full body ghost armor which I assume is thinner than what you are considering. It wouldn't fit. One side wouldn't snap because of the sides and rear shield. So I took the sides off, then tried it and it still didn't fit. I wanted to leave the back on because the matte skin was so perfect I wanted it to work out. It didn't, so I removed that. The case snapped in perfectly. I've come to a conclusion that this case is made for a naked iPhone, besides the screen protector works with it. No effect on the screen protector. Sides and back will not work and if they do it ends up being so tight it will be a struggle to come out. Took me more than expected to take it off with the back shield and it didn't fit. Seemed to stretch the case a bit. It has some flexibility.

pprshell

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2009
I was supposed to get mine on Thursday. Now the tracking link says today but no DHL truck has shown up.

hipvamore

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
CT
yeah i like mine a lot, but it doesnt offer any protection, just using it until i get my agent 18 ecoshield

prezasti

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Does anyone know if this case is sold in retail stores or is it an online order only? I don't feel like paying shipping!

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
if u guys are in love with this case check out the case-mate ID case, almost as thin and holds 2 credit card sized cards

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Does anyone know if this case is sold in retail stores or is it an online order only? I don't feel like paying shipping!

The cases are in stock at the Apple Stores in the clear and smoke version (I have seen both the clear smoke and the dark smoke versions).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.