PDA

View Full Version : sept 7th- offer expires for back to school offer- ipod touh 130 off rebate

Iphone3gs
Aug 26, 2010, 11:36 PM
sept 7th- offer expires for back to school offer- ipod touh 130 off rebate with anymac.

so if apple introduce the new ipod touch on sept 1st....people will be able to get the new touches wih their macs right.

how soon will the ipod touch be released?

and if new mba is annouced loads people will get that with ipod touch b4 sept 7th offer

na1577
Aug 27, 2010, 02:01 AM
No. In past years, where the promotion overlaps with the new releases, the new iPods are excluded from the offer.

old-wiz
Aug 27, 2010, 08:57 AM
Apple always specifically excludes the newest iPod Touch from back to school offers. If a new iPod Touch is released Sept 1, it will NOT be available for the free offer.

skiltrip
Aug 27, 2010, 09:12 AM
here we go again.

niuniu
Aug 27, 2010, 09:48 AM
You can still get the 32GB (3rd gen) iPod touch cheaper after the 1st though and get the rebate.

Asked a Live Chat agent in the UK about it today (I bought a MBP and 8GB touch as a gift for my gf's brother a couple days ago as he's starting Uni) and then after it arrived I realised that the new iPods are out soon. He said I could return the 8GB and get the 32GB and still get the rebate (if hypothetically the new touches are released).

Derkatwork
Aug 27, 2010, 10:37 AM
No. In past years, where the promotion overlaps with the new releases, the new iPods are excluded from the offer.

Rules about the release of a new ipod before a college ipod offer should be explained in a sticky. There will always be someone asking about it every year regardless of whether it happens or not.

na1577
Aug 27, 2010, 03:02 PM
Rules about the release of a new ipod before a college ipod offer should be explained in a sticky. There will always be someone asking about it every year regardless of whether it happens or not.

Agreed. There are a few other questions that typically come up repeatedly, perhaps a general FAQ would be a good idea.

GregR
Aug 27, 2010, 11:22 PM
sept 7th- offer expires for back to school offer- ipod touh 130 off rebate with anymac.

so if apple introduce the new ipod touch on sept 1st....people will be able to get the new touches wih their macs right.

how soon will the ipod touch be released?

and if new mba is annouced loads people will get that with ipod touch b4 sept 7th offer

I don't think the MBA will be released. It is apples traditional music event, and computers are too distracting and don't have to so with the music theme. (unless they have a freaky audio chip lol)

and new touches are excluded. Sorry!

Iphone3gs
Aug 29, 2010, 02:51 AM
You can still get the 32GB (3rd gen) iPod touch cheaper after the 1st though and get the rebate.

Asked a Live Chat agent in the UK about it today (I bought a MBP and 8GB touch as a gift for my gf's brother a couple days ago as he's starting Uni) and then after it arrived I realised that the new iPods are out soon. He said I could return the 8GB and get the 32GB and still get the rebate (if hypothetically the new touches are released).

i was also informed that i can give back the Ipod touch if its within 14 days..and get the new version..does it actually state in the terms and conditons that you cant get the New ipod touch?

has anyone got the New ipod touch in previos back to school offer.
The only reason im delaying my purchase of macbook pro..so that i can get the new Ipod touch.

old-wiz
Aug 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
i was also informed that i can give back the Ipod touch if its within 14 days..and get the new version..does it actually state in the terms and conditons that you cant get the New ipod touch?

The only reason im delaying my purchase of macbook pro..so that i can get the new Ipod touch.

The rebate is ONLY for current iPod Touch. You can't get a new one by returning and asking for a new one. They are not that stupid.

NJMetsHero
Aug 29, 2010, 05:47 PM

They do the promotion not only to get students to buy Macs, but also to clean out their inventory of old iPod touches. If you want the new one, you could try selling the 3rd generation version and buying the new one separately. You could probably get a good $120 for it.

niuniu
Aug 30, 2010, 04:14 AM
They do the promotion not only to get students to buy Macs, but also to clean out their inventory of old iPod touches. If you want the new one, you could try selling the 3rd generation version and buying the new one separately. You could probably get a good $120 for it.

This is exactly what you should do if you want the 4th gen touch. I'll be happy returning the 2nd gen one I got at the end of this week and getting a 3rd gen. But if I wanted to get the 4th gen I would get the 3rd gen, eBay it and add some money to that for gen 4.

About a week's worth of returns, selling and hassle - but it would be worth it.