PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Recalls 05-08 Corolla's and Matrix's

leomac08
Aug 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
Toyota voluntarily recalled more than 1.1 million 2005 through 2008 model Corolla sedans and Matrix hatchbacks on Thursday over faulty engine-control computers that could cause the vehicles to stall in traffic.

Toyota blamed the faulty computer called an electronic control module, or ECM for the stalling and said it will replace them in the recalled vehicles. The company said it has three unconfirmed reports of crashes, including one involving an injury.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-08-27-toyota27_ST_N.htm

Well ironically I got in a car accident in morning traffic on the 405 freeway in LA just 20 days ago driving a 2007 toyota matrix, don't recall engine problem or stalling before. :rolleyes:

Looks like I will be expecting a letter from Toyota.

R94N
Aug 27, 2010, 01:58 AM
I hope they can sort it :( I like Toyota.

notjustjay
Aug 27, 2010, 02:57 PM
Doh! I drive an '05 Matrix.

Doesn't seem like a big deal though. I'll take it in when I get the letter, but I'm not concerned.

Bonch
Aug 28, 2010, 10:57 PM
The only thing worse then a Toyota is someone dumb enough to buy one.

j/k. Calm down. :D

iBookG4user
Aug 28, 2010, 10:59 PM
The only thing worse then a Toyota is someone dumb enough to buy one.

j/k. Calm down. :D

At least you won't be Found On Road Dead, though :D

quagmire
Aug 28, 2010, 11:50 PM
At least you won't be Found On Road Dead, though :D

Rather be dead on the shoulder then having a Prius accelerating out of control to its top speed of 45 MPH. :D

iBookG4user
Aug 29, 2010, 12:20 AM
Rather be dead on the shoulder then having a Prius accelerating out of control to its top speed of 45 MPH. :D

Who said it would be the car that was dead? :D :p

bruinsrme
Aug 29, 2010, 12:27 AM
I had a dodge Dakota, one day the headlights and dash lights started flashing, wipers coming on by themselves, and would stall. Obviously the problem was common enough that I was able to find the issue on the web, go to a dodge dealer that just happen to have a couple in house?????? Have the work done in an hours worth of labor.
At least Toyota is recalling their cars unlike dodge.

quagmire
Aug 29, 2010, 09:05 AM
At least Toyota is recalling their cars unlike dodge.

Yeah, Toyota is a good citizen when it comes to recalling their vehicles. Did you miss the news back in December through February?

While the preliminary report has found it to be mostly driver error( what did you expect? Americans can't drive for crap), still doesn't mean they did not try to hide the accelerator pedal defect.