PDA

View Full Version : Assigning different instruments in reason with one controller

dtrainium
Aug 27, 2010, 05:29 AM
Hey,

I am most n00b with Reason 4.0...Just got it and am fumbling my way round slowly but surely:)

For now though, i am stuck on this question..

Can i assign different instruments (church organ - bells - brass) to different parts of my midi controller so i can play the different sounds without having to switch between the instruments?

I have set up a few single keys on controller so i can jump forward and back between the instruments but i don't like it..too much chance of being on wrong sound when playing live. So was wondering if i can assign say, 2 octaves for one instrument and another octave or single key etc for another sound and so on?

I shall keep reading and noodling for now but if this is something that can be done...even an "affirmative" reply would be enough to rock ones socks!:)

Many thanks

D

Ben Kei
Aug 30, 2010, 04:45 AM
It's been a while since I used Reason and then it was version 3 but it would be possible by putting all of the synths/samplers you want to use inside a single combinator device and mapping the key range in there.

Also possible to do it in the NNXT sampler if you're working with samples.