PDA

View Full Version : Formac gallery 1740 adc lcd, any good???

Angelus
Aug 22, 2002, 03:02 PM
Hey,
im just wondering if ye can give me a bit of advice. Im going getting the new dual 867Mhz and at one point i had been considering buying the apple 17" studio display with it.
The Formac gallery however seems to be the better deal.Cheaper,<25ms pixel response.vs.40 ms response(apple display),bigger and longer warranty.Granted it wont have the gorgeous stylings of the apple display but if any one owns this monitor id love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks again
Angelus

TyleRomeo
Aug 22, 2002, 05:05 PM
I don't own it but have only heard good things about it. It comes with ADC and matches right up with the 17 inch apple LCD in the specs and its .4 inches larger.

The only thing you give up is having that apple logo on the front of it.

hope this helps

MacBandit
Aug 23, 2002, 12:07 AM
What do you mean it won't have the gorgeous styling. I think it looks like it was designed by apple it's beautiful same kind of clear surround and everything.

Not only is the response rate greater and the screen slightly larger but it has a higher contrast ratio and has built in color correcting technology. This is the screen to get if you want an LCD 17" for the mac. So much so that my local Apple store recommended it to me over Apple's screens.

I do not own one yet but I will as soon as I either pay off my new dual ddr or they lower the price on it a little.