PDA

View Full Version : Lots of "iPhone and iPad killers" but no "iPod touch killer"?

tablo13
Aug 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
Seems like there is no real competitor for the iPod touch, except the Android-powered MP3s that will be made by Samsung and Archros.

mikw4
Aug 27, 2010, 02:09 PM
what do you consider an Ipad killer?

TorontoLRT
Aug 27, 2010, 02:10 PM
As for iPod Touch killers, there's always the stupidness that is Zune HD.

lewis82
Aug 27, 2010, 02:13 PM
Companies have long stopped producing iPod killers, and instead focused on a different market - "cheaper" mp3 players.

I say cheaper with quotes, since some are very well made.

iSpaghettiCat
Aug 27, 2010, 03:03 PM
Kind of related, but Apple could really hurt Flip cams if the next iPod touch has a camera, or cameras.

iPhone 4 is kinda hitting Flip's market by offering 720p video recording. All Apple has to do is put that in the next iPod touch and they would have completely killed Flip cams.

$200 Flip cam, or a $300 720p capable music/video/app device? Puhleease :D

4DThinker
Aug 27, 2010, 05:26 PM
No such thing, unless you want a device that is open, no WiFi or apps, and is a far better media player. Of course any upcoming mythical android PMP will put up a fight if it has the lastest version of android on it. I'm convinced anyone making one will wait until the new Touch shows up before daring to sell in the U.S..

tubemonkey
Aug 27, 2010, 06:19 PM
It's easy to enter this market. All companies like HTC and Samsung need to do is take a phone and remove the 3G/4G cell radio from it and they have instant iPod touch competitor.

I'd buy an Evo or an Incredible (minus the cell radio) over a touch any day.

iRance
Aug 27, 2010, 06:23 PM
Because it's not worthy enough.