PDA

View Full Version : Safari or Atomic Browser 'plugin' for Dropbox?

Touchstone64
Aug 27, 2010, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to extend either Safari or Atomic Browser to save downloads (directly) to Dropbox?

Should I wait for Safari-with-extensions to come to the iPad before such things are do-able?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

w00master
Aug 27, 2010, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to extend either Safari or Atomic Browser to save downloads (directly) to Dropbox?

Should I wait for Safari-with-extensions to come to the iPad before such things are do-able?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

You won't be able to download on either without Jailbreaking. There's JB app called "Safari Download Manager" that allows you to download items via the mobile browser.

It'll be a while before you see this ability come legitmately. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you never see it.

w00master

tekchic
Aug 27, 2010, 03:01 PM
Another thread today was talking about using ghttp:// to download something to GoodReader, and from there you should be able to move it to DropBox. I haven't tried this personally yet, but I might try it with an epub or something this weekend.

newdeal
Aug 27, 2010, 06:46 PM
You won't be able to download on either without Jailbreaking. There's JB app called "Safari Download Manager" that allows you to download items via the mobile browser.

It'll be a while before you see this ability come legitmately. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you never see it.

w00master

You can download with icab but unless your jail broken then only option is to get the files when you sync with iTunes

Touchstone64
Aug 28, 2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks! Sounds like the best solution (non-jailbroken) is to use Goodreader to Dropbox. I'll experiment :)