Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Touchstone64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Manchester, UK
Does anyone know if it's possible to extend either Safari or Atomic Browser to save downloads (directly) to Dropbox?

Should I wait for Safari-with-extensions to come to the iPad before such things are do-able?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

w00master

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Does anyone know if it's possible to extend either Safari or Atomic Browser to save downloads (directly) to Dropbox?

Should I wait for Safari-with-extensions to come to the iPad before such things are do-able?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

You won't be able to download on either without Jailbreaking. There's JB app called "Safari Download Manager" that allows you to download items via the mobile browser.

It'll be a while before you see this ability come legitmately. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you never see it.

w00master

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Another thread today was talking about using ghttp:// to download something to GoodReader, and from there you should be able to move it to DropBox. I haven't tried this personally yet, but I might try it with an epub or something this weekend.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
w00master said:
You won't be able to download on either without Jailbreaking. There's JB app called "Safari Download Manager" that allows you to download items via the mobile browser.

It'll be a while before you see this ability come legitmately. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you never see it.

w00master

You can download with icab but unless your jail broken then only option is to get the files when you sync with iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.