PDA

View Full Version : Shippin for ipod touch 4g

pandalover826
Aug 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
hey all ive been on the forums for a while and have been without an itouch for about a year and this year ill probably be getting one.
my question is that when will they start shippin the ipods, and when did they started shipping the ipods the last years. the reason is ill be home and watchin the conference and i wanted to buy the itouch online so i dont have to wait in line for it.
any help greatly appreciated!!!

celticpride678
Aug 27, 2010, 03:18 PM
Nobody knows when Apple will begin shipping the next-generation iPod touch, but history shows the same day or in that week.

If you're ordering online, why does it matter?

sarmo187
Aug 27, 2010, 03:24 PM
Nobody knows when Apple will begin shipping the next-generation iPod touch, but history shows the same day or in that week.

I want to order from amazon because its free shipping and no tax, but apple engraves. Do you think its really worth an extra 30$ to get it engraved? Also wont amazon received stock later than apple.com?

pandalover826
Aug 27, 2010, 03:28 PM

im askin is because im wondering should i put money onto my debit card before the event starts so right when the ipod touch 4g is available to ship then i could get it right away.

celticpride678
Aug 27, 2010, 03:31 PM
I want to order from amazon because its free shipping and no tax, but apple engraves. Do you think its really worth an extra 30$ to get it engraved? Also wont amazon received stock later than apple.com?

I thought Apple does free iPod engraving? Not sure about Amazon stock availability.

dhlee528
Aug 27, 2010, 04:06 PM
I thought Apple does free iPod engraving? Not sure about Amazon stock availability.

I think he meant at apple store you pay tax but amazon tax free
in order to get engraving you have to go to apple store, and pay tax

and tax is about $30 where I live (probably depends on states)

pandalover826
Aug 27, 2010, 06:41 PM
so does all apple products online have free shipping or only products that have been out for a while?

celticpride678
Aug 27, 2010, 11:33 PM
so does all apple products online have free shipping or only products that have been out for a while?

Free shipping on all orders over $50.

pandalover826
Aug 28, 2010, 12:02 AM
thats good then so if the ipod touch started shippin right when it was announced i could get it with free shipping....now lets just see what the itouch 4g comes with ;)

Ipodize
Aug 28, 2010, 01:25 AM

I live in Australia, will it be just as long here? Or will I have to wait a few days extra?