Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Hey there folks, is there a way to stream the content on my ATV to my iPhone, iPod Touch or any other macs that are on the stream connection to my ATV?

I have our family iMac which is the sync computer with the ATV.

However I thought it would be cool to be anywhere and just stream movies to my phone in the house. I can't seem to find this feature anywhere.

Is this the case? I used Remote, checked out the iTunes app on my iPhone but can't seem to get anything happening.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong here!

Thank you.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Hey there folks, is there a way to stream the content on my ATV to my iPhone, iPod Touch or any other macs that are on the stream connection to my ATV?

I have our family iMac which is the sync computer with the ATV.

However I thought it would be cool to be anywhere and just stream movies to my phone in the house. I can't seem to find this feature anywhere.

Is this the case? I used Remote, checked out the iTunes app on my iPhone but can't seem to get anything happening.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong here!

Thank you.

no. use the air video app on the iphone. works perfectly.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
no. use the air video app on the iphone. works perfectly.

+1 for Air Video. Install app on your iPhone/iPod Touch and download Air Video server from their website on your iMac. It will allow you to stream any of your media from your home library on your iMac to your iDevice--works great over home wifi, pretty well over 3G networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.