PDA

View Full Version : Disabling recently added fonts (viewing by date added)

jestershinra
Dec 7, 2004, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I recently restarted my Mac, and bootup took around 12 minutes. I realized that I'd inadvertenly added about 2500 fonts, and, after searching, determined that this was a probable cause. Here's my issue:

I want to delete the fonts most recently added. I need to keep a few hundred for various reasons, but I'm wondering if there's a way to to go the fonts folder or something and view the most recently added...any ideas?

Thanks!

advres
Dec 7, 2004, 09:19 PM
Go to your fonts folder and look at it in list mode (the middle button between icon view and column view). Next to all the files there the date it was modified should be listed. If it was today for example, once you are in this display, hit that 'date modified' tab at the top and it should put all your fonts in order from present to past or vise versa. click the first one you want to get rid of, scroll down until you see the last one from this date and shift-click that one. Drag to the trash or a differnt folder somewher if you still want to keep them and viola. done

jestershinra
Dec 8, 2004, 09:17 AM
No- that didn't work. The modified date doesn't correspond to the date that they were added. Any other ideas?

shavs
Dec 8, 2004, 12:54 PM
If you used font book to install them then it copied them so the date created should equate to the date installed.

decksnap
Dec 8, 2004, 01:14 PM
If you're using that many fonts, I recommend that you get yourself a real font management program, such as Extensis Suitcase.