PDA

View Full Version : xcode 3.2.3 c++ help

cbergey
Aug 28, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hey guys. I'm new here. I made an account to get this question answered because i couldnt find it anywhere else. Basically what i want to know is how you can use xcode to program with c++. I'm a previous microsoft visual user so i have no clue about xcode. So when i click create new project what do i need to do to be able to program with c++?

Thank you!

Cromulent
Aug 28, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hey guys. I'm new here. I made an account to get this question answered because i couldnt find it anywhere else. Basically what i want to know is how you can use xcode to program with c++. I'm a previous microsoft visual user so i have no clue about xcode. So when i click create new project what do i need to do to be able to program with c++?

Thank you!

Select Command Line Tool from the project options and then from the drop down menu select C++ Tool. Alternatively you can create a BSD Library which (as the name suggests) will create a dynamic C++ library project.

If you want more specific help you will need to be more specific :).

lloyddean
Aug 28, 2010, 03:37 PM
Sorry but before you get a useful answer some questions.

Need more information as to what you're trying to develop.

Going forward anything that wishes to support a 64 bit application with a GUI needs to involve Cocoa and ObjectiveC++.