PDA

View Full Version : Will the Ipod Touches be in stock at Apple stores immediately after the conference?

Rocks.
Aug 28, 2010, 08:17 PM
Please, people who have experience and done this before, do you know if the new iPods are in stock immediately following the conference? The conference ends at 1 Pacific Time, so can I run to the Apple Store right at that time and expect them to have it? Will I have to wait till the next day? or the next week? I need to know what to expect! Anyone who as done this before and can tell me will be greatly appreciated!

Peterson8765
Aug 28, 2010, 08:53 PM
They are usually available immediately at the Apple Online Store when they are announced, and are usually in Apple Stores the day after. For other stores, it takes around 1-2 weeks.

lewis82
Aug 28, 2010, 08:58 PM
Being enthusiastic for the new iPods does not require to create a new thread for this... it has been answered at least twice. ;)

Next time, use the MRoogle website (link in my sig) to search trough the forums :)

happy21
Aug 28, 2010, 10:11 PM
No.

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 29, 2010, 12:09 AM
Please, people who have experience and done this before, do you know if the new iPods are in stock immediately following the conference? The conference ends at 1 Pacific Time, so can I run to the Apple Store right at that time and expect them to have it? Will I have to wait till the next day? or the next week? I need to know what to expect! Anyone who as done this before and can tell me will be greatly appreciated!

People may have had "experience" before but each year its different. If I recall last years nanos weren't avabvle for at least two weeks.

The conference starts at 10am Pacific time and most last around an hour. This means if you live on the east coast the keynote starts at 1pm and will end around 2pm.

skiltrip
Aug 29, 2010, 10:14 AM
This year seems like the even is a little early, based on the end of the back-to-school promotion a week later. Which says to me that this event might come along with a release date, similar to how they do with the iPhone. Maybe they will announce they will released Sept. 8th, or maybe the following Tues or something. We'll see. Either way, does it really matter? We're talking about a matter of days or weeks here. Either way, you'll get your shiny new iPod. A few months from now it won't matter which week in Sept you actually were able to buy it.

GregR
Aug 29, 2010, 10:16 AM
People may have had "experience" before but each year its different. If I recall last years nanos weren't avabvle for at least two weeks.

The conference starts at 10am Pacific time and most last around an hour. This means if you live on the east coast the keynote starts at 1pm and will end around 2pm.

Is the conference just the keynote. What else will there be? (keynote includes unveiling all new products, right?)

sportsfrk214
Aug 29, 2010, 09:27 PM
It really just depends on the year, and the particular stores in your area. I remember back when the 2nd Generation Touch came out, the Apple Store near me didn't carry the 32GB Touch for almost a week and a half. Oddly, the Target store near me had them about 4 days after they were announced and I picked it up there. And when I brought it back an hour later after noticing it was manufactured with scratches, they gave me a new one. Target was playing Apple Store for the day :rolleyes:

Guiguiga
Aug 29, 2010, 11:08 PM
I believe the new ipods won't be available immediately due to the fact that the back to school promo only ends 09/07. If I had to guess, I'd say they will be available the earliest at 09/08.

unr1
Aug 30, 2010, 01:47 AM
suppose they are released on the 8th. Does Apple tend to ship before that date to have it delivered by the 8th, 9th (Thursday), or 10th (Friday)?

I'm only asking because it will be a gift for somebody's event on the 10th. :)

SoraLimit
Aug 30, 2010, 02:48 AM
I believe the new ipods won't be available immediately due to the fact that the back to school promo only ends 09/07. If I had to guess, I'd say they will be available the earliest at 09/08.

It's possible that the new iPod touches may not be eligible for the back to school promo. In that case, then the new iPod touches may be available the day after the event for the Apple stores, and a week for other places.

pimpp
Aug 30, 2010, 03:34 AM
It's possible that the new iPod touches may not be eligible for the back to school promo. In that case, then the new iPod touches may be available the day after the event for the Apple stores, and a week for other places.

i disagree i think there still gonna have tat offer wen the ipod touch 4th generation is out but wen u get tat offer they will only let u get the ipod touch 3rd generation:apple:

MaCamZa
Aug 30, 2010, 06:26 AM
i disagree i think there still gonna have tat offer wen the ipod touch 4th generation is out but wen u get tat offer they will only let u get the ipod touch 3rd generation:apple:

^^ I Agree :) When a new product/upgrade to a product is released before the end of school promo, Apple has always discarded the new ipod touches from the promo, and they wont change their minds this time.

The new iPod Touch 4G should be released in the Online Store, but wont be eligible for the Rebate Offer.

The rebate will only happen on the iPod Touch 3rd Gen, not the upcoming 4th Gen that will be announced in 2 days.

losx12
Aug 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
The way I see it, new products usually arrive to retail stores on Tuesdays, I think the reason Apple scheduled this keynote for Wednesday is so that they could deliver the new products tomorrow (Tuesday) and have them ready for sale right after the keynote.
Or at least that's what I hope happens.