Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaMaster14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm looking for an iPad browser to use other than safari and I'm torn between the atomic browser and the perfect web browser apps.

Please give pros and cons for both if possible.

tamasvarga67

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
You can try iCab too. I tried all three and went with iCab.
I didn't like the Perfect's UI, iCab and Atomic has pretty much the same features but for me the download option in iCab was the deciding factor.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I use Perfect and am very happy with it.

I like the quick scroll bar down the right hand side.

My only complaint is with Apple in that (unless I'm wrong) they don't let you set the default web browser which means when you click a link in a email or app it takes you to Safari.

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2010
Perfect web all the way! It has an amazing UI and save pages, different browser emulations, video output, scrollbar ... :D

Atomic crashes way too much. It doesn't even do basic things like www & .com autocompletion.

potejam

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
I used to use Atomic, but ended up switching to Perfect. I actually like the UI a lot better, and find it's got a lot more little tweaks, like shortcuts to remove the address bar, tab bar, etc without going to the entire full screen option.

Another thing I like is that the action icons at the bottom don't change depending on the view. With Atomic when you change from full screen to partial screen, the icons change position (particularly bookmarks/history).

Oh, and the scroll on Perfect is very handy. With a long webpage you can get down to the bottom in no time.

One thing that Atomic has over Perfect is multi-tap gestures. Perfect hasn't really got these down, but they are slick with Atomic. However, Perfect's tab bar is much better than Atomic's and I think it makes up for this...

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I would just have to say again, about the Perfect browser little overlaid scroll bar on the right hand side is the killer addition.

Apple should take note of this small and simple thing.

Given a long web page, having to swipe up of down perhaps 10 or more times seems stupid, when this simple addition lets you scroll up and down the whole site just by moving your finger up or down about 4 inches on the screen.

When you get to the area you are viewing you can then of course scroll over the screen as with any other browser.

It's a brilliant addition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.