Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Questionnaire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
I've read the rules, and i dont think its against the forums to see if an idea is good or not.

Beyond that i was wondering whether or not anyone likes the idea of this site:

A place where the forums would kind of be like this place. It would be gadgets and tech in general. It would have a couple sections, but the main ones would be reviews and news. Where in each week i( and eventually moderators) would choose the top review and put it on the front page, and the writer of the review would win something(i.e-$10 iTunes card). This would also be the same for top news. People would have the opportunity to write articles and the top one would be picked and put on the front page( and win something). The forum would also be a place to talk tech etc. As the site got more and more visitors then i could pick more and more people. Let me know what you think...

If this is in any was against the rules of the MacRumors forums please forgive me and my time will be short lived here. Thank you...

-Questionnaire

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
It's a similar model to About.com, except their writers are paid more. $10 wouldn't be enough to entice people who are able to create quality writings and reviews. $10 iTunes gift cards will get you a lot of high school kids trying to submit stories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.