PDA

View Full Version : New Ipod Touch 4 Cases show that there will a back camera

bruceleroy
Aug 30, 2010, 08:13 AM
For those worried about a back camera. It looks like there will be one.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/ipod-touch-4.html

Peterson8765
Aug 30, 2010, 09:16 AM
Apple doesn't contact accessory makers before they introduce new iPods at their annual media event, because theres more chance of a product leak. There is a very high chance of dual or one camera this year and I'm pretty sure there will be, but we don't for sure until 2 days from now.

Derkatwork
Aug 30, 2010, 11:31 AM
Apple doesn't contact accessory makers before they introduce new iPods at their annual media event, because theres more chance of a product leak. There is a very high chance of dual or one camera this year and I'm pretty sure there will be, but we don't for sure until 2 days from now.

I doubt Apple gives much information to anyone. However, they need to tell someone. I can't think of any (good) companies that will blindly invest thousands of dollars into an accessory that won't fit or have a random hole in it. Someone MUST tell these companies as they want their products made on ready to go by the thousands by the launch date. It would be bad to start making a product after the ipod touch is out as they will lose valuable time.

MaCamZa
Aug 30, 2010, 11:48 AM

If those are the cases that will be used on the new iPod touch 4, then theres no new design... same old shape :(

skiltrip
Aug 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
Apple could do themselves a favor by releasing one basic no-frills (but still nice looking) case along side each new product, like it did with the iPhone 4. This way, those that like to case up their new Apple gadget immediately can have their needs met without the need to divulge any secrets to case companies.

Those that don't want a case don't have to get one, any people can always get a different 3rd party case later.

I think Apple likes to keep themselves out of the case/accessory biz, and the iPhone 4 case was probably a necessary evil in their eyes, and needed to be done because of the antenna issue. But I think it would be good for them to embrace it, not to mention the profit margin on cases is huge. Perfect example is that Bumper being $29.

tablo13
Aug 30, 2010, 12:48 PM
I think they're just guessing...

fel10
Aug 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
Last year the same thing happen. A few days before the conference, images of cases with a whole on the back started to leak, and in the end, the iPod Touch didn't come with a camera.

As much as I want a rear camera, I'm not going to get my hopes up. We will know for sure in 2 days!!!

Derkatwork
Aug 30, 2010, 01:33 PM
Last year the same thing happen. A few days before the conference, images of cases with a whole on the back started to leak, and in the end, the iPod Touch didn't come with a camera.

As much as I want a rear camera, I'm not going to get my hopes up. We will know for sure in 2 days!!!

Agreed. I was crushed last year when there was no camera. So, I tend to be more skeptical of leaked cases. But I am highly confident on the face time camera. I'm just not as thrilled with the front camera as the back one.

Black Belt
Aug 30, 2010, 02:24 PM
These are Chinese companies, probably right down the street from where the iPod is made, probably also funded by Chinese leaders making the iPod. I find it hard to believe that they aren't going to hook each other up with info to do business. Regardless of Jobs insanity about secrecy, that's the way the world works.

skiltrip
Aug 30, 2010, 02:24 PM
Agreed. I was crushed last year when there was no camera. So, I tend to be more skeptical of leaked cases. But I am highly confident on the face time camera. I'm just not as thrilled with the front camera as the back one.

I'm with ya there. A back camera is 95% more useful than a front one. Facetime is neat, but right now, there just aren't enough people who are able to use it to make it worth it. A front camera is also good if you do video blogs or something like that. But most of us just want to take pictures. So although Apple really wants to push this Facetime thing, it would be a crying shame to put a cam on the front INSTEAD of the back. That's why two cameras or NO cameras seems to be more logical. Plus, the ability to switch between cameras in Facetime is a big part of the appeal.

iSpaghettiCat
Aug 30, 2010, 03:05 PM
I don't think anyone has thought of this yet.

If the next iPod touch were to get a front facing camera, pretty much confirming FaceTime support, it will get a rear camera. You cannot do FaceTime with just the front camera, or else the iPhone 3GS would have received FT support in iOS 4.0. Also, by just having the front camera, it will kill the whole experience. You would have to manually rotate the device 180 degrees for the receiver to see what's going on.

I just hope Apple doesn't completely destroy my theory by putting just the front camera :o

Josh0806
Aug 30, 2010, 03:16 PM
I don't think anyone has thought of this yet.

If the next iPod touch were to get a front facing camera, pretty much confirming FaceTime support, it will get a rear camera. You cannot do FaceTime with just the front camera, or else the iPhone 3GS would have received FT support in iOS 4.0. Also, by just having the front camera, it will kill the whole experience. You would have to manually rotate the device 180 degrees for the receiver to see what's going on.

I just hope Apple doesn't completely destroy my theory by putting just the front camera :o

No, nobody has thought of this because you're an idiot. The 3GS has a rear camera NOT a front camera.

GregR
Aug 30, 2010, 03:24 PM
No, nobody has thought of this because you're an idiot. The 3GS has a rear camera NOT a front camera.

Lol I thought the same thing when I read that post.... That was weird....

Plutonius
Aug 30, 2010, 05:30 PM

Maybe you should read back through last year's 3rd gen Touch post (both before the 3rd gen was announced and after it was announced) :) .