Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milzay

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Basically im an idiot and dropped coke over my mouse. (why is it always coke that falls over the place) Anyway my mouse sort of works but im looking for a new one, anyone got any ideas? Ive only looked briefly but im liking the M$ mouse. (That hurt saying that) Looking for other alternatives aswell and i dont think i can get MS mouse my friends would wouldnt let it down, after I tell them good Apple are and how crap M$ are. :D
All suggestions appreciated, thanks.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Microsoft mice are generally pretty nice. I'm a logitech fan though. You are not going to see a lot of performance difference between name brand mice. Your best bet is to go to a CompUSA or something and see how a bunch of them feel in your hand. I think feel is the most important part.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I'm guessing you just want a corded mouse, since you didn't specify. If that's the case, I would recommend the Logitech Mx510. I like that way it feels, and it has he Mx optical sensor, so you'll get great accuracy and response.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
I have the Logitech MX 1000 and it is amazing. I just got it last week. Before that i had the logitech MX 700 and the apple bluetooth mouse. I thought the MX700 was great, the MX1000 is a step above that. What a great mouse, i would definately recomend that.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I'm another in favor of Logitech; I adore my Mx500, and wouldn't replace it with anything but a similar mouse with one of their newer laser sensors. Logitech's rather lame drivers are another story, but since OSX gives you so much flexibility with how you assign mouse buttons, it's not that big of a deal, and there's always USB Overdrive if you really want more.

MS mice aren't bad either, but an older one I've used started to flake out after a while, and their drivers are terrible. The button feel is also kind of mushy, which I'm not very fond of.

Shorebuck

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2004
Perth, WA, Australia
my choice

corded - MS Optical Wheel Mouse - absolute bargain this one, fits lovely in your hand and moves around nicely. Cheap as chips.

cordless - Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse - don't think you can get this anymore (think it's call the "Click!" these days) but I think it's the nicest mouse I've ever used - had no trouble with it for years, even after a few trips off the desk and onto the wooden floor. Battery life is usually a month or so, I'm a fairly heavy user of it.

Both of these are good for general use, and I've had no trouble with games either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.