Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just bought a bike today (2011 Scott CR1 Team) and need a mount for my iPhone 4. I see plenty of iPhone 3G mounts but not iPhone 4 mounts. Any bikers with iPhone 4's that could share they mount ideas with a newbie biker. Also I use iTrail for my running and will also use for biking.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
More than just a bike mount:

http://www.breffo.com

I love it in my car; would work on a bike too.

I've seen that and it looks scary (figuratively and literally). Does it really work well and would it hold the iPhone securely? If it fass out in the car it lands in the carpeted floorboard but if it falls of a bike going 20mph.....

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I've seen that and it looks scary (figuratively and literally). Does it really work well and would it hold the iPhone securely? If it fass out in the car it lands in the carpeted floorboard but if it falls of a bike going 20mph.....

It works well. It didn't seem secure to me, but it stays in place really well. I'm more worried about the whole thing falling than the iPhone falling out. But on a bike you could wrap it around the handlebars and it would definitely stay. Problem in my car is that I have nothing to wrap it around, so I just try to get it to stay in place with pressure.

It has worked flawlessly so far.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
I think for me, the ultimate design would be a clamp down and around shell casing where you would open up the mount and insert the iphone so it would have adequate "holding" strength and where a window is cut out so that you can see the screen.

I am sure I may be able to DIY something but it may not look at pretty as a retail product.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
All these look great, but i really need something adjustable that will work with my iPhone 4 in a case.

drexfish

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
my votes for breffo if you are roadbiking

Hey there

I use a breffo Spiderpodium and wrap two legs around the brake wires and then twist two legs round the bar - but its massively flexible so will do pretty much anything. I love it, might do a stairs dive but I bike for hours and I can move this between my commuter (Trek7500) and road (wilier) and when I am done can take it off in about 1 minute with no trace.

galbkhnd.jpg

galbkhnd2.jpg

ngalbandw2.JPG

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
I know you said you are looking for a mount that works with a case, but for those others who are reading this thread, I installed the Ram Mount a few weeks ago. It works magnificently.

Ess.Pee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
I don't think they say waterproof, but that video sure makes it look like you'll have to watch out in the rain. If you're going out biking and have a chance with getting hit by a shower, I'd put it in a plastic baggie as well. Also, another thing I've heard on that case is to put a rubber band around it as well, for extra security (so it doesn't pop open while riding).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.