PDA

View Full Version : How soon will the new iPod(s) become available for purchase?

Link2999
Aug 30, 2010, 09:23 PM
Will they be available at Apple Stores the same day as the event (September 1st), or will it be like a week or so before they receive any devices? I just want to get mine as soon as possible and before they all sell out :)

Rocks.
Aug 30, 2010, 09:26 PM
Will they be available at Apple Stores the same day as the event (September 1st), or will it be like a week or so before they receive any devices? I just want to get mine as soon as possible and before they all sell out :)

I've never bought anything from Apple before, so I can't be sure. But from posts I've read on here, Apple usually gets it the day on or after the announcement. Other stores get them days or a few weeks after.

miles01110
Aug 30, 2010, 09:28 PM
This has to be the third or fourth time in the past couple days that someone has asked this. Nobody knows for sure.

Link2999
Aug 30, 2010, 09:29 PM
I've never bought anything from Apple before, so I can't be sure. But from posts I've read on here, Apple usually gets it the day on or after the announcement. Other stores get them days or a few weeks after.

Been waiting over a year for this update, hopefully it's not too common knowledge that the new Touch is coming out. I don't want them to sell out by the time I get up there ;)

Link2999
Aug 30, 2010, 09:31 PM
This has to be the third or fourth time in the past couple days that someone has asked this. Nobody knows for sure.

Sorry, didn't realize. I did look through the forums and didn't find any specific topics (top couple pages). I was just wondering how Apple usually goes about this based off of previous stock changes.

AceFernalld
Aug 30, 2010, 09:32 PM
Apple Stores SHOULD get the new devices a day or two after the keynote. Other stores a week or two after.

Should've used MRoogle, though. :p

Link2999
Aug 30, 2010, 09:33 PM
Apple Stores SHOULD get the new devices a day or two after the keynote. Other stores a week or two after.

Should've used MRoogle, though. :p

Guess I'll give a call Thursday then. Thanks ^_^

JKK photography
Aug 30, 2010, 09:48 PM
So how long after the keynote will we be able to place orders on the Apple Store and receive the iPods? :)

I just moved, and I don't have an Apple store near me anymore, so I can't travel five hours for it.

AceFernalld
Aug 30, 2010, 09:50 PM
So how long after the keynote will we be able to place orders on the Apple Store and receive the iPods? :)

I just moved, and I don't have an Apple store near me anymore, so I can't travel five hours for it.

About an hour after. :)

Edit: ASSUMING that they are released/shipped to stores that day. They may not be available for a few weeks.