Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I have an Iphone 4 on 4.0.1, shsh backed up and ready for europe: unlocked and all that. I noticed it says 4.0.2 shsh is backed up at teh top of cydia even though I obviously haven't installed it.

Will I get 4.1 shsh backed up through cydia too so I can upgrade to 4.1 when I return to the states in January (wouldn't dare mess with the OS version when I NEED the unlock for Europe ) if it's jailbroken/unlocked by then?

And is Cydia actually backing it up or lying to me?

Thanks.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Once Cydia has first saved SHSH blobs for a device, they request them automatically on your behalf for each firmware revision thereafter whether or not you upgrade to that version. You should be fine.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, Cydia will request and save the SHSH's for your device from now on without you having to do anything.
So whatever version is released out there you will have SHSH's backed up and will be able to restore to any version you want.
The beauty of Cydia:)

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Das wunderbar. Thanks guys.

I just don't want to miss the 4.1 bandwagon when I get back to the states if it's a vulnerable by then.

Not only the jailbreak bandwagon but maybe the unlock too. Already thinking about resell value for that 5th gen next year.

If 5th gen is just a 4, maybe I'll hold off.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
Not sure if this was answered already but how is it that Cydia says it has blobs saved for 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2 when I have only jailbroken and saved them for 4.0.1?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Once Cydia has first saved SHSH blobs for a device, they request them automatically on your behalf for each firmware revision thereafter whether or not you upgrade to that version. You should be fine.
Yes, Cydia will request and save the SHSH's for your device from now on without you having to do anything.
So whatever version is released out there you will have SHSH's backed up and will be able to restore to any version you want.
The beauty of Cydia:)

EDIT: erased info for less confusion for the OP (orig of what I said in msj below in quotes if someone wants to read the FAIL) they are correct, got confused in revisions for dif. Hardwares. I said about 3.1.1 blob not recorded in cydia on iPhone but I was shown the light that it never existed for the iPhone...

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Are you guys + on this? In my 3GS I have 3.1, 3.1.2,3.1.3,4,4.01,4.0.2 so if you didn't notice in the list I'm missing 3.1.1 cydia never saved me that blob! OP to be on the safe side once 4.1 is out and before 4.1.1 or whatever might come after that open cydia a couple of times for the server to remember to check for your blobs since I think the server puts you on queue based on the time you enter cydia while still in the specific blob window. (you don't need to be in 4.1 to save a 4.1 blob you just need cydia to request the blob for you)

That's because 3.1.1 never existed.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
That's because 3.1.1 never existed.
That definitely explains it! I remember I used a 3.1.1 but completely forgot that it was the Touch only ver. and not for the iPhone:eek: so many differences in revisions! Thanks! Mia culpa!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.