PDA

View Full Version : Can you go back to the Apple store to get the iPod?

Peytah
Aug 30, 2010, 11:20 PM
My brother bought a MBP and didn't want to bother doing the rebate. However, I would love to take it off his hands and let Apple borrow $200. Do you think we can still take it back and change our mind?

Guiguiga
Aug 31, 2010, 02:26 AM
You can always go back and tell them that you want to return the item. If it's open, they will charge you a restocking fee. If not, that's much easier.

Anyhow, if you already opened it and want the ipod Touch free, I'd suggest you to go back to the store with all the items appropriately packaged (AND RECEIPT), and I'd explain that he didn't know about the promotion and that he would like to participate on it.

9 out of 10 times they will help you out, especially because they want to get rid of the old ipods because the new ones will be released on Wednesday (09/01).

Don't even think about waiting until after Wednesday. The new ones never apply to that promotion. Otherwise everybody would wait to buy their computers during the last week of the deal.

Let me know what happened.

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 31, 2010, 02:30 AM
Remember I think to qualify for the education pricing you have to show some prof that you do in fact go to the said school (ie; Student body card)

Peytah
Sep 1, 2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I took it back and they just added the 199 to my original receipt. No questions asked. They already knew I was a student, because I had already got the student discount for the Mac.

Time to sell it and wait for the 4th gen...

Guiguiga
Sep 1, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'm happy for you buddy. I bought my 4 Gen ipod Touch Today. I should get it next week. I don't think you'll be able to make a whole lot of money with the 3 Gen. But I'd guess at least $120 if you sell it sealed in box. Good luck!