Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Video Posted: Here is a direct link to the video stream.

On September 1st, Apple will be hosting a media event. News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple will likely post a recorded QuickTime stream a few hours after the keynote ends.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time.

Notify me of Keynote Stream function CheckMultiple5(frm, name) { for (var i=0; i < frm.length; i++) { fldObj = frm.elements; fldId = fldObj.id; if (fldId) { var fieldnamecheck=fldObj.id.indexOf(name); if (fieldnamecheck != -1) { if (fldObj.checked) { return true; } } } } return false; } function CheckForm5(f) { if (f.email.value == "") { alert("Please enter your email address."); f.email.focus(); return false; } return true; };
Apple can take several hours to post the feed. The mailing list can also take up to a couple of hours to send out all the emails. Be patient. Or keep checking this page.

Update: Apple will be offering a live video stream of the media event. The video should also be available on Apple's site after the event.

Video Posted: Here is a direct link to the video stream.

Article Link: September 2010 Media Event Spoiler Free Keynote Stream [Updated]

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Hurrah. Very excited for this latest steve note. Now, do I watch it on my iPhone, iPad or shiny new MacBook Pro :D

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Yes, seems like a good moment to go spoiler-free again. (last time was an unintended spoiler-free one).

Some leaks, but still quite a few question marks, I won't go into details, but it seems like it will be an interesting keynote.

As always, some pointers for those new to spoiler-free threads:
-No information about anything announced or who is announcing. (duh)
-No information on AAPL stock
-No reactions, however cryptic ("it's definitly (not) worth the wait", for example)
-No fake links. Seriously. I will come to where ever you live and shove your iPhone were even Google can't find it. And this years model is a lot more square, so you know what that means...

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Just a note of caution. If anyone reading this truly wants to remain spoiler free, I suggest just checking in on the thread a few hours after the keynotes ended then just checking back every hour till the keynote link appears.

If you refresh the thread every 5 minutes other people will inevitably spoil things. Yet, every time I tell myself 'this time things will be different' :) but just checking back periodically is the only way to be sure of no spoilers if you're serious about it.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Hasn't Apple been ridiculously sluggish with posting of keynote streams of late? "A few hours" will probably be more like a few days…

release times have slipped a bit, and here in the GMT-1 zone, where keynotes start at 7pm our time, the live stream has moved from being late-night television to breakfast television (I believe it's mostly around 2-3 am our time)

but still, it's a matter of hours, not days

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Just a note of caution. If anyone reading this truly wants to remain spoiler free, I suggest just checking in on the thread a few hours after the keynotes ended then just checking back every hour till the keynote link appears.

If you refresh the thread every 5 minutes other people will inevitably spoil things. Yet, every time I tell myself 'this time things will be different' :) but just checking back periodically is the only way to be sure of no spoilers if you're serious about it.

The thread should be read only and only the mod has the ability to put a link to the official keynote... I'm still having a hard time understanding the clearly deep-rooted desire to not know anything until you see it via the keynote but hey to each his own I guess. Anyway, make the spoiler free keynote thread RO and then you'll have no worry about someone screwing it up.

jpg

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
release times have slipped a bit, and here in the GMT-1 zone, where keynotes start at 7pm our time, the live stream has moved from being late-night television to breakfast television (I believe it's mostly around 2-3 am our time)

but still, it's a matter of hours, not days

Yep last Keynote was at 8 am couldn't watch it after staying up all night because I had mandatory lectures at 8:15.. Won't stay up this time :(

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
For the iPhone4 keynote, the was a huge delay in updating this page. I hope this time the link appears sooner. Also, a got practice is to keep checkin the iTunes podcast for Apple Keynotes. But with the description column collapsed ;)

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
I always wonder if Apple are using some ancient G4 hardware to encode the
keynote streams.
You would think they'd be using their new 12-core Mac Pro?

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I always wonder if Apple are using some ancient G4 hardware to encode the
keynote streams.
You would think they'd be using their new 12-core Mac Pro?

I would imagine there is some video editing going on, with multiple cameras and audio and whatnot. Last time, however, they didn't edit out the mi-fi scandal.

Anyone who's edited video knows that hours can fly by.

bristleworm

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Germany
Here we go again.
If you really want to go spoiler-free. Here's the usual list of things to do:

• Change your default homepage to either BLANK or this thread
  • If you use Safari or a browser with a similar feature: turn off Top Sites
  • Exit your Email program
  • Exit your twitter program
  • Turn off notifications on your iPhone/iPod/iPad
  • Disable auto updates in system preferences
  • Turn off radio and tv
  • Uncheck iTunes option to notify of available updates
  • Disable your RSS-Reader!

During the keynote:
  • Remember not to visit ANY site that could possibly contain spoilers: Facebook, twitter, the usual tech sites are absoulte no-go-areas. And keep in mind that even google search results may contain spoilers in form of ads or news articles
  • Don't visit the iTunes store!
  • Don't turn on tv or radio
  • And most importantly: don't click on ANY link provided in this thread, until it has been verified as spoiler-free by another member of the forums!

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
sites to visit during the wait include:

Zero Punctuation
Nostalgia Critic
XKCD
TvTropes (if you haven't visited this site yet, you can definitly stay busy from now until the keynote is over)

who has more suggestions for this list?
Anything not too update-happy, and garantueed to keep you busy and laughing out loud, or at least very interested.

Chadder

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
Whoot

Well it looks like we got all the rules covered lets start the party of everything non-apple related!

*Spoiler-Free since 2006 (or whenever it first started) :)

jglavin

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
Well it looks like we got all the rules covered lets start the party of everything non-apple related!

*Spoiler-Free since 2006 (or whenever it first started) :)
Two words:

Live Stream

Apple® will broadcast its September 1 event online using Apple’s industry-leading HTTP Live Streaming, which is based on open standards. Viewing requires either a Mac® running Safari® on Mac OS® X version 10.6 Snow Leopard®, an iPhone® or iPod touch® running iOS 3.0 or higher, or an iPad™. The live broadcast will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT on September 1, 2010 at http://www.apple.com.

Scorpio12345

macrumors member
May 3, 2008
OMG!! I'm so happy i could cry, but i'm going to hold off my tears based on the possibility that Apple's servers might crash due to the load hahaha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.