PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch or iPad?

seong
Aug 31, 2010, 06:27 AM
I know some of you might tell me to look on other threads for more help, or even consider MRoogle, but I'm pretty sure the decision from iPod Touch to iPad is personal difference.
I'm a high school student (just became a sophomore!), and I still have and use iPod Touch 1st Gen 16GB. It was all fine for me until Apple didn't even consider to release a iOS 4 for iPod Touch 1st gen. Since then, I've been using Whited00r, which is basically just a mod of iOS 3.1.3. Some of you might know about it.

On the day when iPad came out, I was about to go out and buy the new hot device, but it didn't have a camera, at least the front facing one, and plus the USB and SD Card ports. That was a hugh disappointment.

Now, in few days, the new iPod Touch is gonna come out. According to some speculations (including the cases which I don't 100% believe it), the new iPod Touch might have Retina display, front and back facing camera, and new shape (just like the 1st Gen).

Now the question is (thanks for reading my point of view), should I buy the new iPod Touch, assuming that the rumors are 100% true, or the new iPad?
I don't have a personal digital camera, so I always wanted to have camera, music, and apps in my pocket. But at the same time, when I used iPad, the graphics were awesome, ease of use, and wonderful to type on.

The only reason that I'm posting here is because I really want something that I can carry it just like the netbook, type on it, surf the web, listen to music, and take some photos. I like iPad's ease of use and typing experience, but then I'll miss the portability in my pocket with all the music + photo.
Which one should I buy? Wait for new iPad (possibly 7 inch)? Buy the new iPod Touch?
Suggestions only, including advice. Nothing like "why are you even posting this". If I knew the answer, I wouldn't even bother to ask for help.

J&JPolangin
Aug 31, 2010, 06:35 AM
I bought a 3G 64Gb iPad for $738 at the base PX, played with it for 12 days and missed being able to put my iPod Touch (1st gen) in my pocket so the iPad went back... I don't need a new iPod Touch since my 1st gen still mostly works (except one "row" of the screen) but if they put 3G into the 4th gen I'll buy one!

vanzantapple
Aug 31, 2010, 06:44 AM
I'm still trying to decide whether to get an iPad or iPod Touch. I'm hoping that after the show Wednesday it will be a little clearer in my mind.

Your SIG states that you have two 13 inch laptops. Not as portable as an iPad but still portable. I'd say get the cheapest iPod Touch that you can be happy with. If you change you mind, sell it and buy an iPad.

OR.

Do the coin flip trick. Heads = Ipad and tails is the iPod Touch. When the coin is in midair you will make your decision before it lands. Corny but sometimes it works.

skiltrip
Aug 31, 2010, 08:31 AM
I vote iPod touch. You're right, it's a very personal choice. I think the iPad looks real neat. I'd take one and use one if someone gave it to me. But I wouldn't have a real use for it. There's no real use for me to use it in the house when I have a 13" MacBook Pro. I can use that on the couch just as easy as any iPad, and I have a real keyboard, and I don't have to hold it up with one hand.

The iPod touch becomes valuable because it's a computer that's much, much different than a computer. And yeah, being in your pocket all the time is a big plus. You can easily forget it's there, but it's there when you need it. Carrying around an iPad in a little shoulder bag would get old quick.

iggypod
Aug 31, 2010, 08:35 AM
I think it truly comes down to how much portability you want.

seong
Sep 1, 2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks guys for replies!
I've decided to buy the new iPod Touch!!!!
Thanks!!!!
Oh, btw, do you guys think the rumors are 100% true?

SlovakApple
Sep 1, 2010, 02:34 AM
Nobody knows for sure if they are 100% true, but we all hope they are (at least I do). :D