Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

commodore12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Hey all,

First off, I am now an official Mac convert. I just bought a new MacBook Pro this week in preparation for my coming semester in France. Even though every one of my family members has a Mac, this is the first Mac I've owned and I have to say my overall well-being has improved drastically in the last few days since swapping out my Dell haha.

Anyways, the real issue at hand: I bought an iPod touch along with the laptop because of the whole rebate deal. However, because I needed to order my laptop before going abroad, I couldn't wait until after the updated iPod touch was released before purchasing. I'm wondering if, since I purchased it so recently and have not opened the box, I will be able to exchange my iPod for the new thing when it's released and if so, what is the best way to go about doing so?

Thanks a lot

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
The rebate is specific to the current generation iPod model numbers.

They typically will not mail you the rebate check before the 14-day return window has expired, and if you try to return/exchange your unopened iPod during the 14-day window, Apple will not include the $199 iPod rebate when they mail you the rebate check (assuming they're still sending you a check for the free printer part).

The "Back to School" free iPod promotion always expires before the new iPods come out.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Best bet is just to buy the new one you want. Then sell your new/sealed rebate one to make up some of the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.