PDA

View Full Version : Home Button in iOS4

Night Spring
Aug 31, 2010, 01:29 PM
Anybody else with iOS4 having this problem where you try to do a single press of the home button but it registers as a double press instead? Or is it just me? I think about half the time when I'm trying to close out of an app and back to the home screen, it opens up the task switcher instead.

skiltrip
Aug 31, 2010, 02:34 PM
Anybody else with iOS4 having this problem where you try to do a single press of the home button but it registers as a double press instead? Or is it just me? I think about half the time when I'm trying to close out of an app and back to the home screen, it opens up the task switcher instead.

2g or 3g?

Night Spring
Aug 31, 2010, 03:02 PM
2g or 3g?

3g, but does it matter?

skiltrip
Aug 31, 2010, 03:04 PM
3g, but does it matter?

It might. The 2g has proven a LOT more problematic with iOS 4.

I have a 3g and I don't have this problem.

Night Spring
Aug 31, 2010, 03:08 PM
It might. The 2g has proven a LOT more problematic with iOS 4.

I have a 3g and I don't have this problem.

Well, I'm trying to figure out whether this is a software problem or if I have a hardware defect and I should get it swapped out before the warranty expires. :(

skiltrip
Aug 31, 2010, 03:13 PM
Well, I'm trying to figure out whether this is a software problem or if I have a hardware defect and I should get it swapped out before the warranty expires. :(

It might be hardware. I haven't experienced this. I've had iOS 4.0.2 loaded for about 4-5 days now.

If I were you I'd definitely take it to the Apple Store and see about a swap. Good luck! I know problems like this are annoying as hell.

Night Spring
Aug 31, 2010, 03:43 PM
It might be hardware. I haven't experienced this. I've had iOS 4.0.2 loaded for about 4-5 days now.

If I were you I'd definitely take it to the Apple Store and see about a swap. Good luck! I know problems like this are annoying as hell.

Ok, thanks! Maybe the new touch will be out by the time I get to the Apple store, and I can check it out then -- probably will get the new touch at some point and pass off the 3g to my mom, but will be nice to give her a fully-functioning unit. ;)

battlekid
Aug 31, 2010, 04:37 PM
I've had the same problem---- apple said its ok.

smirk
Aug 31, 2010, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem with my 3G Touch. Sometimes you single press the home button and it registers as a double press. Sometimes I double press and nothing happens. Sometimes I press (or double press) and it takes a couple seconds for anything to happen. If I'm listening to a song and I want to go back to the playlist screen, I sometimes find myself repeatedly stabbing the back arrow at the top left of the screen, waiting for it to register. I probably could press it once and then wait for a couple seconds, but since it appears to be doing nothing, I end up tapping it quickly in succession.

smirk
Aug 31, 2010, 04:50 PM
I've had the same problem---- apple said its ok.

You mean Apple said this is normal behavior?