Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgrp2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
I did it. I bricked the Ipod Touch.

I have tried to unbrick this unit, but it has beatin me at every step.

Everything i have is current and the computer all three of them can see the unit via USB. I don't have usb problems.

I have tried the Home and wake sleep trick. but that isn't the problem. I can get it to restore but I can't get out.

I have tried to restore and it starts and after the unit reboots and the progress bar show up and waits for the data transfer. As soon as the progress bar gets any % the unit reboots and i cant get past that.

I can see the port through libusb.
itune 9.2.1.5

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you didn't jailbreak or hack, you can get it exchanged at an Apple Store.

Only if it's still under warranty. OP didn't say what gen this touch is. But if it's still under warranty, just take it in -- at this point, they won't be able to tell whether you ever jailbroke it or not.

Also, OP, are you absolutely sure you got it properly into DFU mode before you restored?

bgrp2332

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Yeah i did the blackrain hack on it. I got it for christmas last year. and i don't think the wife as the reciept anymore.

It is a ipod touch 2g unit.

Anybody have any ideas that they can through my way?

MicroByte

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah i did the blackrain hack on it. I got it for christmas last year. and i don't think the wife as the reciept anymore.

It is a ipod touch 2g unit.

Anybody have any ideas that they can through my way?

If you have an Apple store near you then you shouldn't need the receipt to try to exchange it. If nothing else, I would take it to an Apple Store (if possible) and see if they can somehow get it restored.

Sorry, wish I had better advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.