Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoarEyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2002
Amsterdam
Hi I just got my second g5 imac. (returned the first one because it had uneven lighting) This one has white blodges, the main blodge is on the upper right corner. Anyone else has this problem, or is this to be expected from lcd’s.

thanks.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Does it become more prominent with a white background and the backlight almost off? If yes, you've got a white spot, which many 15" Powerbook users had about a year ago (myself included). If it sticks out, call them up. They'll send you a new LCD/iMac.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
SoarEyes said:
Hi I just got my second g5 imac. (returned the first one because it had uneven lighting) This one has white blodges, the main blodge is on the upper right corner. Anyone else has this problem, or is this to be expected from lcd’s.

thanks.

LOL, did not learn your lesson the first time around and had to ask for seconds. :)

Well it seems you do have a problem, that is not normal to have white spots on your screen and if you have noticed it that is even more so an indicator. If you have already had negative experiences with the first iMac G5 and now the second why not make it 3 for 3, joking aside I don't think I will by the new iMac G5 until rev B and problems are resolved (and it seems they have many look towards the Apple discussion boards). :)

If you do decide to go 3 for 3 all the best to you. :)

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
i've seen some of the new iMacs coming with the lcd having an uneven brightness througout its screen. Just call them up, and ask for a new one. They should help you out.

SoarEyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2002
Amsterdam
Problem occurs only on a black or dark background. I quess it’s spillage from the back-light. Today I’ll go into a store and check out the imac’s on display, see if they have similar problems. Otherwise I wuv this machine. It replaces my 1.6 g5 tower, wich is a lot noisier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.