Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Better late than never, but over the past several weeks, I have been making my way through thousands of images, selecting the best ones.

I have finally finished my slideshow with 100 images!!

Automatic 5 minute start up slideshow> click here: http://www.zenfolio.com/galloimages

Here are a couple of images from the show.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

p1054720510-4.jpg

p238061254-4.jpg

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
There's a lot of nice shots but I don't like HDR, it's so unrealistic.

Photography is subjective. You are generalizing HDR unfairly. The concept HDR has been around since the 1800's. Even Ansel, was aware of it. He dodged and burned a "few images".

HDR, today, allows the photographer to be as creative as he/she wants to be. HDR can be photo realistic, the "painterly look", grunge, etc. It's up to the photographer to decide the look.

With that being said, I strive for the "painterly" look. When my friend, family and clients say" that looks like a painting" then I know I have achieved my goal.

In my experience, my customers consistently buy my " painterly look" images over the more realistic ones. When they stop buying them, then I will look for a different look.... :)

Mark

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
Love the wildlife photography. Congrats! :D

Never been a fan of the "paintery" look, would of loved to of seen some of those landscapes without it, but each to their own :D

Cool Runnings

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sweden
Why in the lords name do you make an autoplaying slideshow :confused: with music that cant be turned of :eek:

A blinktag and a under constructionbanner and you have reinvented geocities :D

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Why in the lords name do you make an autoplaying slideshow :confused: with music that cant be turned of :eek:

A blinktag and a under constructionbanner and you have reinvented geocities :D

ahhhhh, it can be turned off. You mouse over the lower part of the slideshow frame and you can pause, forward, backward or turn the sound off.

Of course, you can turn the sound off to your computer like I do. that works as well. :D

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Love the wildlife photography. Congrats! :D

Never been a fan of the "paintery" look, would of loved to of seen some of those landscapes without it, but each to their own :D

Again, photography is subjective. FWIW, you are outnumbered overall. My experience is ..is the painterly look, or fine art look is very well received (i.e. people buy them)

For example, I don't care for B&W photography only in certain circumstances but I know people who just love B&W. To each his/her own as you said.

Mark

jwp1964

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2004
Enterprise, KS
Thanks for posting. Those photos brought back some great memories of when I lived out west. Jackson Hole, The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone are incredible. I have family who live near Cades Cove where you also have some beautiful photos. I have been there many times and your photos do a fantastic job of harnessing the beauty of Cades Cove. Just bought a DSLR and lens and will use your wildlife and landscapes as inspiration...wildlife will be my focus.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Thanks for posting. Those photos brought back some great memories of when I lived out west. Jackson Hole, The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone are incredible. I have family who live near Cades Cove where you also have some beautiful photos. I have been there many times and your photos do a fantastic job of harnessing the beauty of Cades Cove. Just bought a DSLR and lens and will use your wildlife and landscapes as inspiration...wildlife will be my focus.

Thank you for your comments. I am headed to Cades Cove again this week.

I will be taking the YNP/GNTP slideshow down October 1 and replacing it with a Fall Color image slideshow. Many Smokie's pics will be part that slideshow and I will be adding Vermont Fall color pics as well.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Simply fantastic photos, I really must visit one of the great wilderness park before I die.
I am always impressed by mountains. Well comming from the flatest country in the world, I'm easily impressed.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.