Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Hi guys!

I have a question for the Speck Candyshell Iphone 4 Users. I tried to do a search but I couldn't come up w/ anything.

I just got my Candyshell today in white and everything is nice, the case is super tight and I have a few question regarding the buttons.

The volume rockers: These are so hard to press, I actually have to make an effort to press these.

The on/off/sleep button: This button is weird, it feels very tight to the physical button, light presses will activate it, but there is no real "click" feel.

I am just wondering if this is the general thought and that my case is not the exception... aside from these two problems I have no complaints about the case at all, looks fantastic!

Knightshade

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Either a lemon... or Speck has revised the case like they did the Pixelskin HD to make the buttons incredibly crappy.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Hmm, i'm not quite sure....

I actually just found a youtube video w/ a guy mentioning the weird sensitive of the sleep/wake/lock button but he doesn't seem to think the volume rocker is hard to press... I think it may be a subjective thing..

anyways here is the video if anyone is interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhe56H9sUcc

still looking for more feedback :D

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
My wife's white CandyShell had the same problem. Here's what I did. Take the phone out of the case and with the eraser side of a pencil push out the power button from inside the case. This stretches the inner layer a bit and resolves (at least in this case) the problem. You can also try it with the volume buttons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.