PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors daily/weekly newsletter?

cschilderink
Dec 9, 2004, 01:59 PM
Why doesn't MacRumors send a newsletter out daily or even weekly?

Could you please?

PlaceofDis
Dec 9, 2004, 02:53 PM
i dont think its necessary or worth the effort, the mods are busy as it is, why add another item on for them to handle? and how many people will actually read it? it just doesn't seem to have a place thats all

brap
Dec 9, 2004, 02:54 PM
Why doesn't MacRumors send a newsletter out daily or even weekly?I think that's what the RSS feed is for.

PlaceofDis
Dec 9, 2004, 03:47 PM
I think that's what the RSS feed is for.

ah yes i forgot about that too!, hmmm i cant wait for Safari to have RSS, sorry Firefox i cant like that interface...

Mudbug
Dec 9, 2004, 04:45 PM
tell you what - make yourself a bookmark that says 'MacRumors.com Newsletter' and click on it once a week.

Voila! Instant newsletter :D

PlaceofDis
Dec 9, 2004, 06:39 PM
tell you what - make yourself a bookmark that says 'MacRumors.com Newsletter' and click on it once a week.

wow i cant stop laughing at that one, i love sarcasm that is also serious, great job Mudbug!!! made my day

Mechcozmo
Dec 13, 2004, 09:12 PM

<sarcasm>Mudbug, I'm having some technical difficulties... the Bookmark goes goes to a blank page! Has nothing happened in the world of Macintosh?</sarcasm>

:rolleyes:

dotnina
Dec 13, 2004, 09:26 PM

That's hilarious!! :D

Mr. Anderson
Dec 13, 2004, 10:09 PM

couldn't you even do one better and write an apple script that would automatically open the page up once a week, just so you don't have to remember every time?

D

szark
Dec 14, 2004, 01:01 AM
couldn't you even do one better and write an apple script that would automatically open the page up once a week, just so you don't have to remember every time?

D

...or even better, write a script that gathers up the RSS feed, turns it into an e-mail, and sends it to your e-mail address every week! :D

MrMacMan
Dec 14, 2004, 08:11 PM
...or even better, write a script that gathers up the RSS feed, turns it into an e-mail, and sends it to your e-mail address every week! :D

Or Better Yet:
The Mods or Arm -- Make a Weekly Subscription that e-mails you (if subscribed) about this past weeks Rumors and Front Page Storys!

Mechcozmo
Dec 16, 2004, 05:58 PM
Or Better Yet:
The Mods or Arm -- Make a Weekly Subscription that e-mails you (if subscribed) about this past weeks Rumors and Front Page Storys!

Who the heck is "arm"?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

applemacdude
Dec 16, 2004, 06:39 PM
Who the heck is "arm"?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Arn