Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shinryuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
20100901-1gj478gtj27nhxygg5fyk7n9ut.jpg

Quite recently my screen started to act wierdly. Now and then the screen starts to flickr something like the photo above but if I tilt the screen back and forth a bit it'll come alive again.

I've read about problems with the gpu being overheated but this seems more like a bad contact somehow. Does anybody have a clue of what kind of problem this is and if it's difficult to fix?

My warranty is expired.

Shinryuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Display connector

On step 17, you see the logic board. But where exactly is the display cable located.

I found this guide as well. http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-MacBook-Unibody-Model-A1278-LCD-Panel/1428/3 Is the display cable you're talking about on step 9?

I guess the problem could be in the other end of the computer as well. Since when I tilt the screen back and forth, the screen will show up correctly... What do you think?

So basically the potentially faults here are.
1 The display connector on the logic board is slightly loose and needs to be reconnected.

2 The display connector close to the LCD is slightly loose and needs to be reconnected.

3 The cable itself has gone faulty and needs to be replaced.

4 The connector on the LCD has been damaged and the entire LCD needs to be replaced.

Is there anything else I've missed? Do you think that's the right analysis of the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.