PDA

View Full Version : What would you do to your old iPod touch?

wujonathan1994
Sep 1, 2010, 05:59 AM
As you guys know, the new version is coming out. What you guys gonna do about the old one? Especially for those who lives in a country that doesn't have the discount program?:confused:

AJ.G
Sep 1, 2010, 06:15 AM
i live in china,
so we wont get the new itouch until next january if we r lucky,
jst like we dnt hav ip4 or ipad yet.
so ill probably sell mine for real cheap to one of my friedns at school...
then go out to one of those electric markets,
and buy one from there.;)

Ds92
Sep 1, 2010, 07:17 AM
Wow what discount program are you referring to?

Well I live in Singapore and I'm not sure if we'll get the new one immediately because I think it usually takes about a month more to get the new iPhones or iPad

Anyway, I think I'll just keep mine since there are quite a few paid apps in there that I won't be able to transfer to my new iPod ( deleted my email account accidentally)

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
If/when I get a 4g, my 3g will go straight to eBay.

seong
Sep 1, 2010, 08:01 AM
What I do is to mod.
I'll not sell it unless everything is perfect.
I made a desktop mod from Powerbook, and it still works great here. It's good when you want a bigger monitor.
My iPod touch 1g will be some kind of a photo slide show or sth hanging on my wall. or mini movie theater on the desk.

Haruhi
Sep 1, 2010, 08:24 AM
i guess itll be ebay or buymytronics

Ivan P
Sep 1, 2010, 08:25 AM
Wow what discount program are you referring to?

In many countries Apple will give you a 10% discount on a new iPod (except the shuffle) if you take in your old iPod to an Apple Store for recycling.

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 08:43 AM
The only way that 10% off for your old iPod makes any sense is if your current one is dead as a doornail and off warranty. In that case, it's nice they give you anything for it. In a way though, it's the least they can do. Electronics don't last like they used to, and they should.

wujonathan1994
Sep 1, 2010, 08:48 AM

How about a 2gen, you reckon is it gonna be sold?

Peterson8765
Sep 1, 2010, 08:52 AM
I've had several touches, but last year when I wanted the 3G but was sorely disappointed I sold my 2G 8GB touch for like $160. Now if you sell an 8GB touch 2G/3G it would fetch about $120-140

Drucifer
Sep 1, 2010, 08:54 AM
lol we have had a number of iPod Touchs already. Originally the wife and I each had a 1st Gen iPod Touch. Mine crapped out and since she didn't use hers much she gave it to me which I used until the 3rd Gen came out then I upgraded and gave hers back to her. Now I will be upgrading to a 4th Gen and giving her the 3rd Gen and the 1st Gen will most likely be used for our toddler. We will put kids games on there and movies to occupy her. :D

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 09:03 AM
How about a 2gen, you reckon is it gonna be sold?

It'll sell, for sure. For how much, not sure. I mean, currently the 8GB 2g is selling for $149 from the Apple Refurb store. The current used price would be a little less than that. After these new 4g models are out, you should be able to get close to $99 for it. Definitely more than $75 I'd think.

840quadra
Sep 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
I just got an iPhone 4, and currently still use my iPod Touch as my primary multimedia device. At home, I use Rowmote Pro, and Apple's own remote software to control my Macbook which runs videos / Widgets on my large screen display at home.

One neat side effect, it keeps my iPhone 4 feeling amazing because I am not yet used to the Retna display, as I still primarily use my iPod touch at work for web browsing, and streaming video or podcasts.

Oddly enough, I will likely buy a new iPod Touch even with having the 2nd generation Touch, and an iPhone 4. I use so many network aware applications, and always have a use for an other iOS device. ;)

wujonathan1994
Sep 1, 2010, 09:16 AM
It'll sell, for sure. For how much, not sure. I mean, currently the 8GB 2g is selling for $149 from the Apple Refurb store. The current used price would be a little less than that. After these new 4g models are out, you should be able to get close to $99 for it. Definitely more than $75 I'd think.

cuz the thing is that I'm currently in Hong Kong. I don't think they buy sec-hand stuffs, so that worries me a bit.
:(

Plasmolyze
Sep 1, 2010, 09:39 AM

I sold my 3g on ebay last month for ~$200 ;)
Im pretty sure now if you sell it on ebay you will get around ~$150

mattk3650
Sep 1, 2010, 09:55 AM
Well I'm tired of my iPod from 2007. Here's my idea:
Amazing iPod Touch vs $400 flashlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GQRW5BEnM)

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
I sold my 3g on ebay last month for ~$200 ;)
Im pretty sure now if you sell it on ebay you will get around ~$150

I figure someone should be able to get close to $200, or maybe just under $200 for a 3g 32GB. This is assuming the base model this time around is a 3g 16GB for $199. Plenty of people would rather have double the memory for the same price, or even a little less.

It all pivots on what Mr. Jobs says in his Sermon on the Mount in about an hour.

samven582
Sep 1, 2010, 01:13 PM
sell it?

fel10
Sep 1, 2010, 01:15 PM
I am selling my old one to my frriend.