PDA

View Full Version : Do (Will) you use screen protector for ipod touch?

dhlee528
Sep 1, 2010, 11:06 AM
I've never own apple products, however so far I have used screen protectors for my phone or other music players

is it wise to use screen protector on ipod touch?

Link2999
Sep 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
Nope, but I use a hard plastic Griffin iClear case. Protects it from scratches on the back and sides. My 1st Gen's iPod screen has never gotten a scratch since I've got it.

lukefinch
Sep 1, 2010, 11:13 AM
My god yes, i had the worst luck with my iPhone 3G

Had a screen protector on it from day one, about half a year later i took it off and that day i got a very slim but about 4cm long scratch on the screen. I was not happy and have had screen protectors on everything since

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 11:15 AM
I don't like them. I don't like how they feel, or how they look. If you have a case with lip protection, and you're careful, I don't see why anyone needs a screen protector. Sure, accidents happen, but you can still damage your screen whether or not there's a protector on it.

Personally, I think it's a little bit of a racket.

Ds92
Sep 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
Yes I do use one, it's anti-glare and you never need to wipe it or anything if your hands are oily.

I just prefer to be safe than sorry when it comes to my electronic gadgets

lotones
Sep 1, 2010, 02:58 PM
Will never go without one.

I use my iPod Touch to grab quick maps via wi-fi at work. A couple weeks ago I was walking from a client's house trying to grab a map when my iPod slipped out of my hand, onto the pavement, facedown, and under my foot! I just barely stopped myself from crushing it. I was horrified. I picked it up and other than a scuff on the screen protector the ipod was fine. That scuff would have been a ruined touchscreen without the screen protector.

Screen protector ftw!

maus
Sep 1, 2010, 10:41 PM
Is the front of the Touch glass or plastic? I always assumed it was glass, but some blog just said it's made of black plastic.

SoraLimit
Sep 1, 2010, 10:52 PM
Is the front of the Touch glass or plastic? I always assumed it was glass, but some blog just said it's made of black plastic.

The new one still has the old chrome-like style on the back. No plastic or glass.

As for the topic, I never use a screen protector. The screen is durable enough, at least for the 2nd gen version.

maus
Sep 1, 2010, 10:54 PM
The new one still has the old chrome-like style on the back. No plastic or glass.

As for the topic, I never use a screen protector. The screen is durable enough, at least for the 2nd gen version.
I wasn't talking about the back, but rather the front. Actually, I think the blog I was looking at either typo'd or have no idea what they're talking about. I'm pretty sure the front of the Touch is glass...