Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do (Will) you use screen protector for ipod touch?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

dhlee528

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Seattle
I've never own apple products, however so far I have used screen protectors for my phone or other music players

is it wise to use screen protector on ipod touch?

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Nope, but I use a hard plastic Griffin iClear case. Protects it from scratches on the back and sides. My 1st Gen's iPod screen has never gotten a scratch since I've got it.

lukefinch

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
South Yorkshire, England
My god yes, i had the worst luck with my iPhone 3G

Had a screen protector on it from day one, about half a year later i took it off and that day i got a very slim but about 4cm long scratch on the screen. I was not happy and have had screen protectors on everything since

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I don't like them. I don't like how they feel, or how they look. If you have a case with lip protection, and you're careful, I don't see why anyone needs a screen protector. Sure, accidents happen, but you can still damage your screen whether or not there's a protector on it.

Personally, I think it's a little bit of a racket.

Ds92

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
Yes I do use one, it's anti-glare and you never need to wipe it or anything if your hands are oily.

I just prefer to be safe than sorry when it comes to my electronic gadgets

lotones

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010
Will never go without one.

[testimonial] I use my iPod Touch to grab quick maps via wi-fi at work. A couple weeks ago I was walking from a client's house trying to grab a map when my iPod slipped out of my hand, onto the pavement, facedown, and under my foot! I just barely stopped myself from crushing it. I was horrified. I picked it up and other than a scuff on the screen protector the ipod was fine. That scuff would have been a ruined touchscreen without the screen protector.[/testimonial]

Screen protector ftw!

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
Is the front of the Touch glass or plastic? I always assumed it was glass, but some blog just said it's made of black plastic.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Is the front of the Touch glass or plastic? I always assumed it was glass, but some blog just said it's made of black plastic.

The new one still has the old chrome-like style on the back. No plastic or glass.

As for the topic, I never use a screen protector. The screen is durable enough, at least for the 2nd gen version.

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
The new one still has the old chrome-like style on the back. No plastic or glass.

As for the topic, I never use a screen protector. The screen is durable enough, at least for the 2nd gen version.
I wasn't talking about the back, but rather the front. Actually, I think the blog I was looking at either typo'd or have no idea what they're talking about. I'm pretty sure the front of the Touch is glass...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.