PDA

View Full Version : built in mic, or no built in mic?

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 01:02 PM
I think Steve J. pointed out a speaker at the bottom but not a Mic. Did he say anything about a mic? Cause headphones w. mic being mandatory for FaceTime is pretty lame.

Ds92
Sep 1, 2010, 01:03 PM
Built in mic, the photo showed there is one next to the camera similar to the nano

Peterson8765
Sep 1, 2010, 01:04 PM
If it has a rear cam, it has a mic.

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 01:05 PM
I think I may have answered my question, in that.. the mic is on the back, by the video camera. Hopefully it'll do a good job picking up front voice.

Vesuvio Cat
Sep 1, 2010, 01:32 PM
"You might have a good memory. But sometimes, itís nice to have a backup. Record notes from a lecture, a reminder of when tickets go on sale, or a bet between you and a friend. With Voice Memos, you can record any audio you want using the built-in mic on iPod touch or an external mic. Voice Memos will even record while you use your iPod touch to do things such as check email or surf the web."

simonn
Sep 1, 2010, 02:05 PM
"Record memos (or any audio).
You might have a good memory. But sometimes itís nice to have a backup. Record notes from a lecture, a reminder of when tickets go on sale or a bet between you and a friend. With Voice Memos, you can record any audio you want using the built-in mic on iPod touch or an external mic. Voice Memos will even record while you use your iPod touch to do things such as check email or surf the web."

http://www.apple.com/nl/ipodtouch/features/voice-memos.html

SkippyThorson
Sep 2, 2010, 11:55 AM
I was going to ask the same thing, so thanks for clarifying. I still haven't watched the Keynote, and the pictures on the Apple Store / Apple Store App don't tell you where or what the Mic is on the iPod Touch. I figured it was the hole on the back, but just wanted to make sure. :)

skiltrip
Sep 2, 2010, 12:00 PM
I think the mic being on the back will pick up your voice just fine when on FaceTime. The mic is built to pick up sound for video, where your subjects could be 10 feet away from you. They are usually pretty sensitive mics, so it shouldn't be a problem. It's the same thing as when you're operating a camcorder... the mics aren't facing you, but if you make dumb commentary while you're filming your voice tends to dominate the audio soundtrack while you're speaking.