PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Back?!

TorontoLRT
Sep 1, 2010, 01:22 PM
When I first saw that it still had chrome, I threw up a bit inside. But the website says stainless steel, apparently.

Brien
Sep 1, 2010, 01:23 PM
It's still chrome. Stainless steel, but chrome-plated. Old one said that too.

nexus14
Sep 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
If anyone can confirm whether or not it's chrome, that would be great! I cannot tell when viewing Engadget from my Nexus One :(

Link2999
Sep 1, 2010, 01:39 PM
It's the same back. I could care less though, sure it would have been nice to have aluminum, but it would make for more problems than it's worth (Aluminum dents sooooo easily). I'll put a case on it anyways.

aznguyen316
Sep 1, 2010, 01:50 PM
crappy back.. don't like it. my GF's touch is soo nasty looking. meh was hoping for aluminum back

WLS
Sep 1, 2010, 02:11 PM
Looks like the same crappy stainless steel with a chrome overlay back to me too. If you go to Engadget and look at their hands on photos you will see many scratches on the demo units back already.

Bdoskail
Sep 1, 2010, 02:15 PM
I dont understand... What is so bad about the chrome back?

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 02:18 PM
Apple really really loves that chrome back. So, what happens to that plastic oval they used to have for the Wifi antenna? Do they not need that anymore?

Link2999
Sep 1, 2010, 02:20 PM
Apple really really loves that chrome back. So, what happens to that plastic oval they used to have for the Wifi antenna? Do they not need that anymore?

Almost forgot about that! I never really liked that thing...

Blackened
Sep 1, 2010, 02:26 PM
oh well, I'll put a case on it anyway so who cares.

skiltrip
Sep 1, 2010, 02:29 PM
oh well, I'll put a case on it anyway so who cares.

Maybe the back IS the antenna, but Steve was afraid to say anything. Then we'll NEED a case. Here we go again. LOL.

iHeartapple2
Sep 1, 2010, 02:38 PM
Take a Scotch Brite pad to the back and give it a brushed metal look. Did it with the 1st generation iPod Touch and it looked awesome!

XT9116
Sep 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
I am a little upset that there is a chrome back, but it won't change me from getting the touch.

It just makes me wonder what the designers are thinking when they decide to keep the chrome back. It sticks out from the rest of their design language. Overall their products have a rather unified look, which is curved aluminum with glass, Mac mini, iMac, Macbook, MacBook Pro, Macbook Air, iPad, iPod Nano (4 out of 6 generations), iPod Shuffle, the LED Display, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, their Keyboard, to an extent the iPhone 4, and even their remote. Yet the Classic and the Touch remain to have the ancient chrome back. It is, to me, time to move on, but the designers refuse for some odd reason...?

In this case though, the Pros out weigh the cons, so I will still buy it.

bembol
Sep 1, 2010, 02:57 PM
I hate Chrome (especially on cars).

I would've love it if Apple released a nano body style iPod touch.

Roessnakhan
Sep 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
I dont understand... What is so bad about the chrome back?

Scratches to hell.

01jamcon
Sep 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm wondering too about where the wifi signal is gonna pass through now that its all chrome? The camera? This looks like it could have wifi issues a la iPad.

WLS
Sep 1, 2010, 03:34 PM

Check the horses mouth. The picture on apple's site shows the black plastic still there but in a reduced size. Not a fan of that design.

sportsfrk214
Sep 1, 2010, 04:22 PM
Check the horses mouth. The picture on apple's site shows the black plastic still there but in a reduced size. Not a fan of that design.

Look at the 2nd picture. I don't see any black plastic. I see two volume buttons and a sleep/wake switch.
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/gallery/