PDA

View Full Version : No 3g or fm radio!? :RAGE:

OldReliable
Sep 1, 2010, 01:27 PM
Just kidding i'm so happy with all the stuff in the new ipod touch
when do you think it wil be avaliable in stores? like futureshop and bestbuy in canada

TorontoLRT
Sep 1, 2010, 01:30 PM
Keynote said next week.

Derkatwork
Sep 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
Just kidding i'm so happy with all the stuff in the new ipod touch
when do you think it wil be avaliable in stores? like futureshop and bestbuy in canada

I saw the title and thought to myself, 'You MUST be joking'. THen you were and I'm happy again. :)

definitive
Sep 1, 2010, 01:45 PM
fm would have been a nice addition to the touch. i guess they're still trying to milk the nano sales by having it as their only device with a radio feature, because after this update, it's not that great anymore.

Derkatwork
Sep 1, 2010, 01:49 PM
fm would have been a nice addition to the touch. i guess they're still trying to milk the nano sales by having it as their only device with a radio feature, because after this update, it's not that great anymore.

Give it a year. The touch will get 3G and FM qualities. The best features never come quickly with Apple. They string them out, but I should be fine with this for a while.

Tmacfan4321
Sep 1, 2010, 01:51 PM
Give it a year. The touch will get 3G and FM qualities. The best features never come quickly with Apple. They string them out, but I should be fine with this for a while.
3G will never come to the touch. Apple makes more money off of iPhones.

WLS
Sep 1, 2010, 01:57 PM
3G will never come to the touch. Apple makes more money off of iPhones.
Maybe no 3G but not for that reason, They may have decided that 3g/GPS with no voice is going to be an exclusive iPad only feature and have the iPods concentrate on music and games.. sucks though.

ucfgrad93
Sep 1, 2010, 01:57 PM

No way will Apple ever give the iPod Touch 3G. What would be the difference between the the iPod Touch and the iPhone ? Not mention it would cannibalize the sale of iPhones.

Tmacfan4321
Sep 1, 2010, 02:29 PM
Maybe no 3G but not for that reason, They may have decided that 3g/GPS with no voice is going to be an exclusive iPad only feature and have the iPods concentrate on music and games.. sucks though.
I'm going to stick with mine; you can believe yours all you want.

Derkatwork
Sep 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
No way will Apple ever give the iPod Touch 3G. What would be the difference between the the iPod Touch and the iPhone ? Not mention it would cannibalize the sale of iPhones.

Even after a 4G network is in place? Apple wouldn't mind giving an inferior network to the touch AFTER 4G is the new standard. A few years from now, it could get it.