PDA

View Full Version : Where is the WiFi?

petrucci666
Sep 1, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm probably not the first one who has noticed, but there is no black strip for WiFi on the 4th gen iPod Touch. Wasn't the whole idea of the black strip to allow better access to the WiFi signal? And now they put chrome all over the back?

I checked the iPod Touch gallery on apple.com but couldn't find it or an indicator where the antenna would be...

Anyone have a clue, I'm just curious

Peterson8765
Sep 1, 2010, 01:59 PM
It's inside the components of the iPod touch, if you notice on Apple's iPod touch page and if you go to retina display on there, it compares the screen to the previous touch. The new touch is slightly longer than the previous one, so they could probably fit the antenna in there somewhere.

TheIntruder
Sep 1, 2010, 02:12 PM
The whole back is the antenna. I keed, I keed ;)

It looks nice and clean now, so as long as reception doesn't suffer, no complaints.

madmaxmedia
Sep 1, 2010, 02:26 PM

It looks nice and clean now, so as long as reception doesn't suffer, no complaints.

Yeah, just don't touch the back and you'll be fine.

androiphone
Sep 1, 2010, 04:15 PM
yeah I noticed that there was no wifi area on the back aswell

to be honnest I don't mind BUT I just hope there is no 'problem' like there is on the iphone. though because wifi is much shorter range than the mobile signal I doubt there will be.

But I might (nah probably won't) wait a couple of days from release to buy it just to see.

kcjohn
Sep 1, 2010, 04:44 PM

It's easy, just don't hold it that way. Non-issue

Panther71
Sep 1, 2010, 04:49 PM
It's easy, just don't hold it that way. Non-issue

I haven't owned an iPod Touch before, but I am guessing you won't be holding the Touch like you would the iPhone.

Pink∆Floyd
Sep 1, 2010, 05:15 PM
the wi-fi is in there, trust me dood

jamied95
Sep 1, 2010, 05:19 PM
The back is stainless steel and therefore conductive, maybe that's why?

InkMaster
Sep 1, 2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, just don't touch the back and you'll be fine.

Sir, I applaud you and thank you for the fine laugh I have experienced this evening!

Kantosam
Sep 1, 2010, 10:08 PM
Sir, I applaud you and thank you for the fine laugh I have experienced this evening!

Waittaminute... It hasn't been evening in Japan since this thing was introduced at 2 a.m. this morning... and it's only noon now. You're in Nogoya? :confused:

nateo200
Sep 2, 2010, 06:40 AM
the wi-fi is in there, trust me dood

Really?! I think we were all concerned it wasn't :D:D