PDA

View Full Version : What iPod Touch Should I get?

jwhite878
Sep 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm ordering the new iPod touch because it has pretty much everything I wanted. I was wondering what size I should get. I have about 8 gigs of data, (200 songs, 1500 photos, a few movies but I don't need to have 'em all at once, and about four pages of apps) and I'm gonna get an iPhone if it comes to Verizon or if I switch to a carrier that has it in the future. I probably won't get the 5th gen either unless they add something REALLY awesome. I buy a few songs and apps a week, and once and I only add movies if I get a digital copy from the DVD/Blu-Ray. Thanks!

Link2999
Sep 1, 2010, 02:44 PM
>1000 Songs = 8gb
<1000 Songs = 32gb

That's assuming you'll have a few pages of apps, a few photos (50 or so), and maybe 1 video. The 32gb will last you a lot longer.

jwhite878
Sep 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
>1000 Songs = 8gb
<1000 Songs = 32gb

That's assuming you'll have a few pages of apps, a few photos (50 or so), and maybe 1 video. The 32gb will last you a lot longer.

What about the 64?

Drucifer
Sep 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
Personally I wouldn't even consider the 8GB model. If you get anything get at least 32GB. The only reason is the amount of extra space you get for paying just a bit more. 64GB on the other hand is a lot and unless you have tons of music and don't really like switching out albums then it is worth getting. Personally I found 32GB fit my needs. I just rotated the albums I have on mine once in awhile depending on what I'm in the mood to listen to.

jwhite878
Sep 1, 2010, 03:08 PM
Personally I wouldn't even consider the 8GB model. If you get anything get at least 32GB. The only reason is the amount of extra space you get for paying just a bit more. 64GB on the other hand is a lot and unless you have tons of music and don't really like switching out albums then it is worth getting. Personally I found 32GB fit my needs. I just rotated the albums I have on mine once in awhile depending on what I'm in the mood to listen to.

O.K. I'd be surprised if i passed 300 in the next few months. The only thing I'm worried about for space is apps, but they are relatively small and I have a bunch of useless ones I can remove. So you guys seem to think 32 is the best?

Drucifer
Sep 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
O.K. I'd be surprised if i passed 300 in the next few months. The only thing I'm worried about for space is apps, but they are relatively small and I have a bunch of useless ones I can remove. So you guys seem to think 32 is the best?

Apps will start to add up so you can be sure that 8GB will be pushing it if you plan on downloading a lot of games then still have room for music and maybe a video or two. You can always managed the apps on your device by removing games you no longer play but even if you keep games you play often you can run out of space. My wife has a 8GB and she has no space left. I often have to find games to remove (which she is never happy about) or remove some songs just to fit some new games on there for her, especially if the game is large like GTA, Hector, or Myst. She soon won't have to worry about this because she is going to get my 3rd Gen 32GB iPod Touch when I upgrade to the 4th Gen. :D

jwhite878
Sep 1, 2010, 03:21 PM
Apps will start to add up so you can be sure that 8GB will be pushing it if you plan on downloading a lot of games then still have room for music and maybe a video or two. You can always managed the apps on your device by removing games you no longer play but even if you keep games you play often you can run out of space. My wife has a 8GB and she has no space left. I often have to find games to remove (which she is never happy about) or remove some songs just to fit some new games on there for her, especially if the game is large like GTA, Hector, or Myst. She soon won't have to worry about this because she is going to get my 3rd Gen 32GB iPod Touch when I upgrade to the 4th Gen. :D
Haha sweet. I'm definitely not getting the 8 gig, so I was just wondering if 64 was way too much. It kinda seems that way.

Link2999
Sep 1, 2010, 04:10 PM
Haha sweet. I'm definitely not getting the 8 gig, so I was just wondering if 64 was way too much. It kinda seems that way.

You shouldn't need 64gb, 32gb should be perfect with room to spare.

Panther71
Sep 1, 2010, 04:15 PM
It seems Apple is trying to push people away from the 8gb model. To only pay an additional $70 for four times the space, is a real bargain. I don't plan to upgrade very soon, so I am going to purchase the 64gb model. I already have 21gb of music on my iPod Classic. The 64gb will give me a lot of room to grown.

pamon
Sep 1, 2010, 04:18 PM
i like the 64. lots of room if you add and you won't be dissapointed. lots of games/apps/music/podcasts/etc you can add on it. my 32 is maxed now

nanderson97
Sep 1, 2010, 04:31 PM
I am going to get the 64 when I get one because I have quite a bit of stuff. But don't forget that it will have an HD camera and HD video takes up a lot of space.

SlamJam12
Sep 1, 2010, 04:38 PM
The new iPod Touch was a great attraction at the Media Event. I like the additions to the redesigned form factor.

The new iPod touch has a 30-pin dock connector. Is that the same as the previous 2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch?

213rules
Sep 1, 2010, 04:56 PM
The new iPod Touch was a great attraction at the Media Event. I like the additions to the redesigned form factor.

The new iPod touch has a 30-pin dock connector. Is that the same as the previous 2nd and 3rd generation iPod Touch?

It's the same connector used in the original iPod in 2001.

JeffreyLloyd
Sep 1, 2010, 04:58 PM
The 8 GB model only exists to sell the 32 GB model.

SlamJam12
Sep 1, 2010, 06:22 PM
It's the same connector used in the original iPod in 2001.

I had to have my BOSE sound dock repaired with new pin connectors to be compatible with the iPod Touch 2nd generation and later. This was the same case for the iPod Nano 4th generation and later. I had an iPod Video and iPod Nano 3rd generation capable of charging in the BOSE sound dock before I had the pin connectors changed.

I believe the pin connectors were changed with above mentioned. I hope they have not changed the pin connectors so I can charge the new iPod Touch in my repaired BOSE sound dock.

jwhite878
Sep 3, 2010, 08:53 PM
Alright thanks for the feedback. I went for the 64 because I like never having to think about storage.